Kiara stopping/attacking Zira

Kiara stopping/attacking Zira

Postby PrincessKiara » September 21st, 2015, 6:38 pm

What do you think of Kiara being the one to stop Zira at the end of SP, when she`s lunging at Simba?
Would have have preferred it if Kovu was the one to stop her, or Simba himself?

I personally like that Kiara gets this heroic, badass moment. Some people complain about Kovu saying how he won`t let his mother hurt Kiara or Simba, yet he does nothing when Zira actually makes her move. (This does happen very quickly, though so he didn`t have much time to react). I think it`s nice that the writers made Kiara protect her father, as the movie focuses heavily on their father-daughter relationship which is a bit strained by the end of the movie.
PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

Re: Kiara stopping/attacking Zira

Postby Hatari05 » September 21st, 2015, 8:07 pm

I liked it first Zira is Kovu's mother he would probably be hesitant to attack her but more importantly Kiara is the protagonist so it makes sense she's the one to intercept her also the climax's ending hinges on not a big fight but Kiara's efforts to save Zira this could've gone to Kovu but Kiara is the pacifist so the scene is more powerful with it being Kiara this also drives home how much Kiara believes her ideals she is willing to risk her life to save someone who wants her dead because in her eyes there are no enemies there are just people just like her who she wants to help, the ending really shows this and shows how noble selfless and compassionate Kiara is.

I really liked it and felt it worked great for the character and like you said it also bookends the whole father and daughter relationship add in the attempt to save Zira's life and you have one of her best scenes that really defines her.
Hatari05

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): you can just call me Hatari for short
Pride Points: 26

Postby SimbasGuard » October 20th, 2015, 9:20 pm

For all the reasons mentioned above, Kiara was the best choice to stop Zira. It also demonstrates that she will be able to make the tough decisions and do what she has to when She is Queen.
Last edited by SimbasGuard on December 2nd, 2020, 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Kiana » October 25th, 2015, 12:43 am

I think another reason is because they came to them to show them they are one, and Zira was not about to accept that. Kiara probably had a fight or flight moment and lunged at her out of a last second thought right before Zira attacked him, And of course kiara loves her father, and why would Kovu attack his own mother? I mean, that would be pretty tough to do! I wouldn't! He probably couldn't help it. those are my thoughts!

Huge thank you to Carl Skywalker for this amazing signature! And all rights go to him for the buttons

ImageImageImage
Kiana
I Don't Need an Avatar

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I AM the Avatar

Telegram: @Miluca24
Pride Points: 19

Postby MeerkatOnTheMoon » December 2nd, 2020, 7:32 am

Kiara definitely was the right character to do it. The scene took me by surprise the first time I saw it, and it still has a lot of impact today. I have read reviews and comments about her being weak but she had a lot of strength in her - this was a very difficult scene but when she decided to save Zira still, that really showed the audience who she is.
The Lion King III: Hidden Kingdom
Now available to read!
https://m.fanfiction.net/s/14288564/1/The-Lion-King-3-Hidden-Kingdom
MeerkatOnTheMoon
We need a new motto.

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Let's get going!

Nickname(s): Jules
Pride Points: 13

Return to The Lion King II: Simba's Pride