Simba and Zira similarities

Re: Simba and Zira similarities

Postby Hatari05 » October 22nd, 2015, 3:55 am

I didn't immediately either but as I thought about the parallels between Simba and Zira I noticed that Scar and Simba had some as well I guess I do watch these movies more than I ever thought though I thought the Simba and Scar parallels were for the most part known has anyone here ever mentioned them before?
Hatari05

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): you can just call me Hatari for short
Pride Points: 26

Postby SimbasGuard » October 22nd, 2015, 5:03 am

Some of the Forums other deep thinkers may have , but I am afraid I can not recall.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Hatari05 » October 22nd, 2015, 9:10 am

Alright well you're not the only one who doesn't know that though now that you have a different perspective on both of his dynamic with the villains which one do you think is more interesting.
Hatari05

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby SimbasGuard » October 23rd, 2015, 10:01 am

Tough question, Simba and Scar are family so some similarities are to be expected. Since Simba and Zira are not related, the fact that they are in any similar is more unexpected. I guess that makes the Simba/Zira dynamic the more interesting...at least from that perspective.

SimbasGuard

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Hatari05 » October 23rd, 2015, 10:25 am

Yeah I could see that I prefer the Simba and Zira one though I prefer it because I felt it was shown more though I didn't notice can't wait to be King and be prepared being similar until more recently and I found the comparisons a little disturbing like I said imagine if Simba had a sibling who would be king as well with the personality he had he would without a doubt be jealous and if not given enough attention who would he grow up to be.

It's a scary thought and I wonder how Simba would react if someone ever pointed it out actually how do you think Simba would react if either similarity was pointed out to him do you think he would consider listening to what they had to say or immediately go into denial. I would mind seeing a scene like that.
Hatari05

Postby SimbasGuard » October 24th, 2015, 7:10 am

Well the only thing about I just can't wait to be king, is that Simba did not resize that when Mufasa told him, "One day the sun will set on my time here, and will rise with you as the new king." that his Father meant that he would one day die. As evidenced by Simba saying to Mufasa later "We'll always be together." I doubt Simba would have been so eager to be King, if he knew that his father would no longer be with him when that happened.

How hard this realization hit Simba is illustrated in Lion King 2 when he flat out tells Kiara " One day I won't be here and I need you to carry on in my place."

So I don't think it is a fair comparison to say I just can't Wait to be King is similar To Be Prepared. Because Simba was not realizing the whole situation of what he was singing about . Where as Scar knew exactly what needed to happen for him to get what he wanted.

If you told Simba was like Scar in any way. First he would get angry, then he would start second guessing himself, then he would go back to ruling with a mindset of What would my Father do? Rather than What should I do? How far this would go before Nala decided to help him get his head on straight, I have no idea.

SimbasGuard

Postby Hatari05 » October 24th, 2015, 12:00 pm

He is very uncertain of his choices and really does doubt himself Nala could try and help him but there's no guarantee she could in both movies it was only when Mufasa was brought up that Simba finally listened in the first movie Mufasa was the only one who could get through to him. Poor Simba he really was traumatized by all this he's such a great character I hope the lion guard continues to make him a great character.
Hatari05

Postby SimbasGuard » October 24th, 2015, 10:03 pm

I was assuming that this question would be posed to Simba post Lion King 2. It was Nala that gave him guidance, when The Great Kings had nothing to say. That is why I think she would be the one to help him in any future crisis.

Simba is my favorite character (I bet nobody guessed that). I don't think it would be a good idea for The Lion Guard (The show) to tear him down to make Kion look good. Yes he may may make a bad decision every now and again. That is part of what makes him relatable. I very much doubt The Lion Guard will alter any preexisting characters personality. Kiaracould be an exception due to the retcon, but I doubt whatever changes are may be made to Kiara will change her that drastically.

SimbasGuard

Postby Hatari05 » October 25th, 2015, 3:24 am

I'm not concerned on them changing Simba's personality but rather Simba's role being decreased substantially for Kion yes it was decreased in Simba's pride but not by a a lot Simba was definitely still a main character and had just as much of an arc as Kiara did I'm hoping he's still a main character in Lion Guard as well. Agreed Simba's my favorite character too.
Hatari05

Postby SimbasGuard » October 26th, 2015, 2:34 am

Oh O.K.

I'm afraid that Simba and Nala will likely be relegated to back ground characters, hopefully they will have more than just the occasional guest appearance. I just hope that when Simba does appear his role is significant.

SimbasGuard

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion King II: Simba's Pride