My personal ranking of each song, and why.

Re: My personal ranking of each song, and why.

Postby Squeely » December 9th, 2015, 7:34 pm

1 He Lives in You - Just an overall fantastic song, definitely holds a candle to Circle of Life from the first film. Very beautiful and powerful.

2 My Lullaby - I disagree with others who write this off as a Be Prepared clone; I've always found it very much has a strong identity all its own. The Outsiders are the best part of SP for me, and their song does not disappoint. It's a lot more ruthless and dark than Be Prepared, for one.

3 We Are One - Just a great father/daughter song, very enjoyable and catchy.

4 Not One of Us - A powerful, pulse-pounding song and definitely a favorite of mine. I like that it bucks the trend most Disney songs follow. You normally get things like opening songs, villain songs, family bonding/I want songs, but a song about a character facing exile is an entirely fresh concept. And that's cool.

5. Love Will Find a Way - A beautiful, powerful love song on par with CYFTLT.

6. In Upendi - I find this song to be a tad ill-fitting for the film, and a tad unnecessary. It's not a bad song though, and is fun and catchy.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Previous

Return to The Lion King II: Simba's Pride