Kiara and Vitanis relationship

Re: Kiara and Vitanis relationship

Postby AnActualLion » April 25th, 2015, 7:46 pm

I think that originally these two would have a hard time with each other. Vitani has been raised to hate Kiara, and Kiara might feel a bit frustrated that Kovu's family isn't taking to her as fast as he did. Though I think once they get used to each other they'd have a pretty good relationship, since Vitani was willing to completely throw her mother's entire plan away for the sake of her brother. She even agreed directly with Kiara at the end, "No mother! Kiara's right. Enough."
CERTIFIED LION CARTOON TRASH QUEEN
AnActualLion
Certified Lion Trash Queen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I'll analyze anything, Literally anything!

Location: Hunched over my laptop, probably gaming or writing.
Nickname(s): Amby, Shabiki, Bailey
Pride Points: 5

Postby yagodamalina » May 1st, 2015, 8:12 pm

I’m not sure whether Vitani would overcome her issues with Kiara that fast. During the final battle, she was clearly bitter over Kovu and Kiara’s relationship “causing” Nuka’s death (she even taunted Nala over her daughter, most likely addressing this). She might even be still angry at Kiara over this.
And it seemed like she agreed with Kiara because it was practical more than anything. It could prevent more deaths in their pride, and their mission to live in the Pridelands will finally be accomplished, even if not the way they intended.
But later, if Vitani and Kiara get to know each other better (I have no doubts Kiara will act friendly towards her), their relationship would improve.
yagodamalina

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 1

Postby crownofsimba » May 1st, 2015, 11:18 pm

[quote="Amy"] I think Kiara would be quite easy to wind up aha.[/quote]

Oh gods that would be so true.

For me I think Kiara and Vitani would respect each other a lot, but that Vitani has been a loner for so long that she's not really friends with anyone for a while until she comes to terms with losing so much of her family, which I imagine that she might on some unconscious (and not really logical) level resent her (and Kovu) for.

But I can see Kiara reaching out to her to try and help her get more integrated, and I see them becoming friends even if the integration doesn't work.

I would actually ship them but I still ship Kiara/Kovu I'm a bit antsy on a polyship with 2 siblings involved. I do think Vitani might develop minor feelings for her but those would dissipate when Vitani found someone who could actually be with her.
crownofsimba

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby AnActualLion » May 2nd, 2015, 1:55 am

[quote="crownofsimba"] I would actually ship them but I still ship Kiara/Kovu I'm a bit antsy on a polyship with 2 siblings involved. I do think Vitani might develop minor feelings for her but those would dissipate when Vitani found someone who could actually be with her.[/quote]

I enjoy this headcanon very much yes! :D Though I have the headcanon that Zira adopted Kovu, so he and Vitani and Nuka aren't blood related.
CERTIFIED LION CARTOON TRASH QUEEN
AnActualLion
Certified Lion Trash Queen

I'll analyze anything, Literally anything!

Location: Hunched over my laptop, probably gaming or writing.
Nickname(s): Amby, Shabiki, Bailey

Postby DragonFromNewYork » May 26th, 2015, 4:42 pm

[quote="yagodamalina"]I’m not sure whether Vitani would overcome her issues with Kiara that fast. During the final battle, she was clearly bitter over Kovu and Kiara’s relationship “causing” Nuka’s death (she even taunted Nala over her daughter, most likely addressing this). She might even be still angry at Kiara over this.
And it seemed like she agreed with Kiara because it was practical more than anything. It could prevent more deaths in their pride, and their mission to live in the Pridelands will finally be accomplished, even if not the way they intended.
But later, if Vitani and Kiara get to know each other better (I have no doubts Kiara will act friendly towards her), their relationship would improve.[/quote]

I agree with this viewpoint. Just because Vitani agreed that the Outlanders and Pridelanders were "one" doesn't necessarily mean she was going to absolutely like her and get over the fact that she had been raised to see Kiara as an enemy very quickly, or at least to me. I don't even think we would have been able to identify herself as a Pridelander immediately, either. I always got an independent vibe from Vitani. It would have been up to her to decide how long it would take to change her lifestyle.

I do think, though, that she would have grown to like the company of the lionesses, though, even if she would always be standoffish and a bit of a loner. Like some of you said, I think she would have been willing to help Kiara learn how to hunt.

Side question: how do you think Vitani and Nala would have made up? Same thing?
"Where's your pretty daughter, Nalaaa?"
DragonFromNewYork

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Safina
Pride Points: 1

Postby SimbasGuard » May 26th, 2015, 9:27 pm

I have always thought that Simba And Nala would eventually come to love Vitani as a Daughter (They would not adopt her but the emotion would be the same.). I believe that once Vitani got used to the idea, she would love to be part of a real family.
Last edited by SimbasGuard on June 18th, 2015, 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby KiovuLove » June 18th, 2015, 4:41 am

I feel they'd get along pretty well, maybe even sister-like. Kiara's open mindedness to the outlanders all her life would make it completely on Vitani, but Vitani was also the first to realize there are no differences and that it was time for a change. Heck with Kovu and Kiara together, wouldnt they be in laws? lol
But you'll see every day
That we'll never turn away
When it seems all your dreams come undone

We will stand by your side
Filled with hope and filled with pride
We are more than we are
We are one

KiovuLove

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I laugh in the face of danger!

Nickname(s): Pandi, Jess
Pride Points: 13

Postby SimbasGuard » June 18th, 2015, 6:22 pm

[quote="KiovuLove"] with Kovu and Kiara together, wouldnt they be in laws? lol[/quote]

Indeed Kiara and Vitani are Sister In-Laws.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby zerodix » June 27th, 2015, 7:01 pm

Before Kiara stood up against her father and wanted to stop the war, I don't think Vitani respected Kiara. She saw her as a princess with the easy life and good looks she envies. But after that scene where Kiara asks her father to stop that pointless war, you see a change in Vitani's expression.
I don't know if they become close friends afterwards, because that is not shown, but I sure believe there was a respect between the two lionesses. Besides that, they become sisters in law, so they have to be in contact. And maybe Vitani, who is a skilled huntress, could learn someting to Kiara as well.
Their personalities differ in many ways, but courage and loyalty are seen by both. So a friendship is not impossible..
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Previous

Return to The Lion King II: Simba's Pride