Favorite scene in Simbas Pride?

Re: Favorite scene in Simbas Pride?

Postby Squeely » December 21st, 2015, 1:43 pm

Every song, especially the ones sung when Kiara and Kovu are cubs.

Nuka's death. I didn't want him to die, but man, it's some deep and powerful stuff.

The ending. It's perfect (except for Timon and Pumbaa blubbering).
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby Amadi_the_Guard » December 21st, 2015, 9:51 pm

If I had to choose, I'd go for the complete ending, where Kiara reminds her father that they are all one. I think it's a great development for Kiara, who didn't look like she understood or even cared too much about the things her father taught her until then. That's why I love Kiara so much, and get a bit annoyed when people claim she's just a bimbo. She was not only able to look clearly, without being fueled by the hatred her pride had for the outsiders, but also speak her opinions openly in face of everyone. She matured as a character, and it gives a nice premise that she will become a kind and compassionate queen one day. And then Simba tells everyone that they should go home, including the outsiders... really emotional.
:( :wickedmother:
Amadi_the_Guard

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 8

Postby HasiraKali » December 21st, 2015, 10:17 pm

This part.

We are so much more complicated than our names.
If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.
Lea Halalela Lion King Forums
HasiraKali

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Disney Dreamin'...

Nickname(s): Manda
Pride Points: 24

Postby Gaze » December 25th, 2015, 1:10 am

the introduction of Vitani and Nuka, followed by My Lullaby is probably my fav part of SP. love Zira and the outlanders.

other favs:
Kovu's exile (he's my fav character so I love the emotion of this part), Nuka's death / the scarring of Kovu by Zira (the intensity of these scenes), He Lives in You, the ending battle
Gaze
TLK collector

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

and bad poster

Pride Points: 26

Postby AngryCanadian64 » March 16th, 2016, 9:38 am

Although there were many good scenes in Simba's Pride, if I had to pick an absolute favourite it would have to be the war between the Pridelanders, and the Outsiders. It made sense for the climax of the movie to be an epic, and brutal Brawl between the two Prides. The setting was perfect, and the score playing in the background really mad things more intense. But, I think what I like most about the scene was that throughout the whole thing it looked like the Pridelanders were losing. It wasn't one of those battles where the Villains side was losing simply because they were villians, and it wasn't one of those fight scenes where the the good guys were losing then turned the fight around. I mean the Pridelanders were getting slapped around, pinned down, bitten into, two of them were even ganged up on, heck one those outnumbered Pridelanders was even getting torn apart by Outsiders (as someone else on the thread said). It gave the battle a dark feel that convinced me that the Outsiders were truly full of hatred toward the Pridelanders, and that they were finally taking it out on there foes. It was an element that made the scene for me anyways.
AngryCanadian64

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Postby Lionkingview » December 6th, 2016, 12:40 am

For one there is the adorable interaction of Kovu and Kiara right after the Crocodile case scene
Then there's simbas dream sequence
and last but not least : the two prides charging at each other and engaging in battle
ImageImage
But in the end, the human soul
will ever reach for the truth
-Samus Aran-
Lionkingview
I go my own way

Pride Points: 6

Postby Alexterri1 » January 14th, 2017, 11:40 pm

"He Lives In You" "We are One", and the entire bit where Kovu is banished and Nuka dies. I think that last part is the most compelling part of the movie.
What is the difference between a cat and a comma? One has claws at the end of its paws, and the other is a pause at the end of a clause :D
Alexterri1
Queen of the Pridelands

We are One

Nickname(s): Alex
Pride Points: 6

Previous

Return to The Lion King II: Simba's Pride