who would have won: pridelanders vs outlanders

Re: who would have won: pridelanders vs outlanders

Postby Sigurd » December 10th, 2014, 8:25 am

It is a hard question to answer. The Pridelanders were probably a lot stronger since they had lived through better conditions. The Outsiders were more trained to fight but since they were so easily convinced by Kiara and Kovu I think their discipline were quite low. So I'm gonna go with Pridelanders.
Until I'm home, I'm on a distant road
Sigurd

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 14

Postby Elton John » December 10th, 2014, 9:02 am

Pridelanders

While the outlanders had the stronger fighting spirit, the pridelanders were far more physically healthy due to having food and fresh water on a more consistent basis, thus having more stamina and muscle mass.

Not to mention they still had their natural fighting instincts due to all the hunting they did.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Marizzle » December 11th, 2014, 10:18 pm

[quote="hey101hey"]Pridelanders

While the outlanders had the stronger fighting spirit, the pridelanders were far more physically healthy due to having food and fresh water on a more consistent basis, thus having more stamina and muscle mass.

Not to mention they still had their natural fighting instincts due to all the hunting they did.[/quote]

You said it all, I totally agree with you. :)
Marizzle
Hope is the only thing

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Stronger than fear

Pride Points: 81

Postby AngryCanadian64 » March 2nd, 2015, 6:33 am

That's a good question, however after recently rewatching the movie. I would have to say that the Outsiders would have won. I mean, when the two sides clashed it seemed pretty even but, as the battle continues from there we see. An Outsider, biting into a Pridelanders back, Pridelanders being slapped around by outsiders, and outsider lunging at, and then biting into a pridelander, then another outsider gets taken down by a Pridelander, but then we see that same outsider, slap the same pridelander. Then a Pridelander, and Outsider collide in the air, and the Outsider land on top of the pridelander and is biting into her. And, finally after the scene with Kiara and Koavu, we see 2 Outsiders biting into a Pridelander, then another Pridelander, was pretty much getting torn apart by 3 Outsiders. Given all of that, I honestly think the Outsiders would have won.
AngryCanadian64

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Postby AngryCanadian64 » March 2nd, 2015, 11:16 pm

To further proove my point, the Outsiders had nothing. The only way to gain something, was to train so they could kill the Pridelanders. Plus, seeing how the Outsiders were doing in the in the battle, they were obviously stronger, because in almost every clip in that battle, the Outsiders they seemed to always have the upper hand. And, then there's the factor of hate and rage, they had against the Pridelanders, they were driven by rage and revenge, which when your enraged you tend to be a lot stronger. Then there's the fact that they had the numbers, to be able to out number a couple Pridelanders, I mean it was clear they had greater numbers considering. As stated in my previous post. Two Oursiders were able to gang up on a Pridelanders. And, then another Pridelander was literally getting ripped appart, by three anger fueld, revenge hungry lionesses. Not to mention Timone and Pumba were being chased by 4 or 5 of them. And, if that doesn't convince you. There was also the group of lionesses that were fighting Simba. There was clearly alot more Outsiders then Pridelanders. So I honestly think given everything I just stated, if the battle had continued, the Outsiders would have torn every last Pridelander apart.
AngryCanadian64

Postby PrincessKiara » March 13th, 2015, 8:57 pm

Just wanting to clarify something... Yes, Vitani kicks Kovu in the face, knocking him backwards, but the kick itself doesn`t make him unconscious, hitting his head against this rock does the trick.

As for who would have won, it`s difficult to say. I`m leaning towards the Pridelanders due to them being well fed and more muscular. However, the Outlanders have years of training on their side, they may be more skilled fighters, but I believe the Pridelanders have greater physical strength and stamina due to not being mal nourished and skinny.

I know that in the film we see the Outlanders attacking the Pridelanders and seemingly having the upper hand (paw?) but the way I see it, they`re illustrating Ziras commands, and it makes it more dramatic when in the beginning of the attack, the Pridelanders seem to be on the losing side. It`s scarier if we`re made to believe that the Outlanders will win.
PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

Postby SimbasGuard » March 13th, 2015, 10:16 pm

[quote="PrincessKiara"]I know that in the film we see the Outlanders attacking the Pridelanders and seemingly having the upper hand (paw?) but the way I see it, they`re illustrating Ziras commands, and it makes it more dramatic when in the beginning of the attack, the Pridelanders seem to be on the losing side. It`s scarier if we`re made to believe that the Outlanders will win.[/quote]

Very true, the tide of battle can turn more than once.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby john47109 » March 17th, 2015, 9:53 am

So in the end the Outlanders really have won the battle, if I am correct with my understanding.
john47109

Postby SimbasGuard » March 18th, 2015, 9:03 pm

[quote="john47109"]So in the end the Outlanders really have won the battle, if I am correct with my understanding.[/quote]

Well not exactly yes The Outsiders now live in The Pride Lands, but since they are under Simba's rule. They didn't exactly achieve what they had intended at the start of the battle.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby AngryCanadian64 » March 23rd, 2015, 11:16 pm

I see your guys' point, but at the same time, if Zira and Simba had sat out. Then the group of lionesses attacking Simba wouldn't be going after Simba, so they'd be aiding the other Outsiders. Then a few more Pridelanders would be outnumered, and seeing as the outsiders work better as a group, the Outsiders would have a better chance at keeping the upperhand, and would eventually win. I mean malnurished or not, one Pridelander would have a difficult time fighting off two or more hate fueld lionesses.
AngryCanadian64

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion King II: Simba's Pride