who would have won: pridelanders vs outlanders

Re: who would have won: pridelanders vs outlanders

Postby FriendlyHyena » December 10th, 2018, 3:34 am

[quote="Haraka"]I do believe that the outsider would have won , given what is shown

See , even if they are malnourished as PrincessTali point out , they have absolutely nothing to lose , they trained probably each day in order to be able to compete. They seems strong enough to fight a pridelander one on one ,but even so "they act as a unit". In the clip , at 0.53 or so a pridelander is litteraly going to be teared apart by 3 outsiders. Even if they are strong , well built and proud , one can't fight off three revenge angry Lionesses ganking up on her.

Plus zira's strenght is proved hard time. When she finally stop coaching and get down to buisness , she just walks to simba who is struggling with numerous lionesses and swipe him off his feets in a single blow. She was probably the most trained and efficient killer the pride landers were to confront. The only Lion who ever knocked down Simba like that was scar , and he had a very hard time doing it.

Furthermore , their main strenght being the way they act together is proved to be a strong factor. in the ambush scene , vitani jumps on simba's back and bite his neck , three unnamed lionesses attack , from each side and after kovu get knocked off nuka charge them all to make them fall down the cliff. So It took 4 lionesses to stop simba from putting up a good fight. Also worth the mention , vitani knocked kovu , a well build and muscular male lion , unconscious in a single swipe from her back legs. If this isn't a proof that they are as strong as a pridelander....

Finally they lose no time , in the clip shown above , at 0:44 in the background , a pridelander pin down an outsider who seems defeated. The lioness take a second to roar and in an instant the outsider "wake up" and slaps hard the one we though was winning hands up.

All of theses factors are what would have played in the advantage of the outsiders in my opinion.[/quote]

Zira's seeming strength is actually in question, because she is ultimately foiled by the untested Kiara, who seemingly can't even hurt prey correctly.
FriendlyHyena

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 2

Postby Outsider218 » December 23rd, 2018, 11:32 pm

I think the Outsiders WON!! They were seeking revenge & are full of hatred. That helped them fight better!
Outsider218
Life's Not Fair, is it?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Postby SimbasGuard » April 1st, 2019, 7:48 am

[quote="SimbasGuard"]True, but when your back is against the wall (so to Speak) you fight harder. So it is entirely possible that despite being out numbered, the Pridelanders would have wanted it more. Also due to being well feed. They would have had better stamina, and could have fought longer.[/quote]

[quote="SimbasGuard"]Granted, but the advantages The Outsiders had in agility would be off-set by the fact that The Pridelanders are bigger and stronger.
As for The Outsiders being more vicious, that is true. However The Pridelander Lionesses have to hunt for a living as well, they are no strangers to going in for the Kill.
Being out numbered in a fight is an unenviable position at best, but if you are stronger than any of your opponents. there is still a chance that you could come out on top or at least fight long enough for help to arrive.
The Pridelanders would not have been guaranteed victory, had Simba and Zira not been a part of the fight, but victory for The Pridelanders would have still been possible. Very hard fought, but still possible.[/quote]

[quote="SimbasGuard"]Another thing we know is that Nala is a very capable fighter, and even though they have Simba to protect them. It seems unlikely that The Pridelander Lionesses would be completely unprepared for an attack by the outsiders. They are after all Simba's army as well. I know it is total speculation on my part, but I doubt Nala would have done nothing to ensure that her Lionesses were ready should Simba need them to fight at his side. Another thing is while the outsiders had nothing too loose and would fight with all they had. The Pridelanders had everything to loose, I am quite sure that would have made The Pridelanders fight just as fiercely as The Outsiders.[/quote]

[quote="SimbasGuard"]The Pride Land Lionesses should not be underestimated. There is just as much reason to believe that they could have been victorious. Uphill battle or not.[/quote]
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Meskhenet » May 1st, 2019, 6:19 am

Observation on the Pridelanders:
Healthier and physically stronger as they have more prey and water, but seem somewhat weak compared to the outsiders. In the beginning of the battle, the pridelanders have a rough start as the outsiders attacked them with such ferocity and skill, and it looked like that the outsiders were quickly overpowering the pridelanders . Some pridelanders were attacked by at most two outlanders at the same time. In the first movie, the pridelanders have a history of being unified skilled fighters.

Observation on the Outsiders:
More battle experience and tactics due to years of strenuous preparation and training to overthrow Simba. Evidenced by the fact the outsiders seem to attack the pridelanders viciously as Zira commanded the outsiders during the battle. Although malnourished due to lack of prey and water, the outsiders still seem to be able to hold their own in the fight. Often working together to fight the pridelander lionesses and Simba. Zira was able to knock Simba to the ground as he was being distracted by the outsiders.

Although the outsiders have trained for years to overthrow Simba, I do believe that in the end the pridelanders would have eventually won. The outsiders might have been aggressive fighters, but the pridelanders have a larger pride as observed in the beginning of the battle before the actual fight, they are healthier and would have more endurance and stamina to fight for an extended period of time if need be. The outsiders fought viciously in the beginning of the fight, but as the fight progresses, I can imagine that they would eventually be weakened because they haven't been eating and hydrated as well compared to the pridelanders, allowing them to be gradually overpowered by the pridelanders.
Meskhenet
Let this prayer be your guide

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Always remember your pride

Nickname(s): Mesk
Pride Points: 21

Previous

Return to The Lion King II: Simba's Pride