Vitani... Vitalini

Vitani... Vitalini

Postby MooLion » April 26th, 2014, 6:19 pm

It's something I've mentioned on another TLK forum a few years back. Interested on your thoughts here. In both my video and DVD versions of SP, during the battle scene, where Vitani calls 'where's your pretty daughter, Nala?', Nala clearly shouts 'Vitanili!' back. Apparently some people have versions where she does say 'Vitani'. I'm not sure how this works as surely that would have been corrected for DVD; why would there be different versions flying around? There may be a clear explanation that I've missed, so do tell... :demonic:

Here's a clip I recorded a long while ago to show my point:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v162/FranFire/Other/TLK2002.mp4

Clickable image be here... if you can see it.

So:

- What do you know? What do you think?
- Do you in fact on your version hear Nala say 'Vitanili' (however you want to spell it)?
- Does anyone actually know if this was a change that the creators didn't bother to take out? Perhaps the voice actor made the mistake and they, again, didn't take it out?
- It might suggest that it is Vitani's full name, but for some reason she prefers the slightly shortened version, and Nala is using it in spite?

Thanks. 8-)
Last edited by MooLion on April 27th, 2014, 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Banner by Amy!~
"Your mother on the other hand, I admired her. She wanted to have me executed... but I admired her." ~ Tyrion
MooLion
You poisoned the moonlight

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

When you put out the sun

Nickname(s): Moo
Pride Points: 15

Re: Vitani... Vitalini

Postby juhouh » April 26th, 2014, 6:27 pm

Never heard this "Vitalini" on any versions before

Can you link us a vid of her saying so if possible?
Ask me - My Playlist - Steam
"Never trust the future, Never miss the past, If you live for the shining moment, The moment may just last…"
Signature by SimbasMate
juhouh
Nalaholic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Juho
Pride Points: 46

Postby MooLion » April 27th, 2014, 12:51 pm

Can't you see the video I posted? It's showing for me. :-o I'll put an address link as well.
~Banner by Amy!~
"Your mother on the other hand, I admired her. She wanted to have me executed... but I admired her." ~ Tyrion
MooLion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

When you put out the sun

Postby Biomac » May 1st, 2014, 4:53 am

Well, I only heard 'Vitani' :/

I am the Hope of the Universe... I am the Answer to all Living Things that cry out for Peace... I am Protector of the Innocent... I am the Light in the Darkness... I am Truth - Goku.

Mosquitoes suck - Saitama.
Biomac

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Bio
Pride Points: 36

Postby Tsuki » May 1st, 2014, 12:50 pm

Oh interesting! I've only ever heard of Vitani though :innocent:
[center]Image
Awards and Stuff: show
ImageImage
Shared with Rilliane
Sigs by Shadowfax, Nilla, Julie, Simba's Mate, Sophiecub, Tora, Flip and Buffy <333. Avatar by Kay <3
Tsuki

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 88

Postby MooLion » May 1st, 2014, 1:23 pm

Can no one else hear that extra syllable in that link? I've listened to it so many times. When I showed this before people did see what I meant... I'm not crazy! XD
~Banner by Amy!~
MooLion

When you put out the sun

Postby juhouh » May 1st, 2014, 4:03 pm

Listened it many times but I can only hear "Vitani" pronounced as "Vithani" lol

It's "Vitani" on script also
Ask me - My Playlist - Steam
"Never trust the future, Never miss the past, If you live for the shining moment, The moment may just last…"
Signature by SimbasMate
juhouh
Nalaholic

Nickname(s): Juho
Pride Points: 46

Postby MooLion » May 1st, 2014, 5:09 pm

So I guess it's probably just that Nala pronounces Vitani a little different, after all; nothing more. So much for my interesting discussion point. >:
~Banner by Amy!~
MooLion

When you put out the sun

Postby Athena » May 1st, 2014, 7:17 pm

The DVD I own I hear Nala say Vitalini...
Alice: I try to believe in as many as six impossible things before breakfast.
Thank you Nilla for the siggy~
Athena
Nuka! Where's Kovu?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Did you leave him out there on his own again?

Nickname(s): Vitani, Atha
Pride Points: 1

Postby Carl » May 2nd, 2014, 1:16 am

I've always just heard it as her emphasizing the 'a.' People have brought this up before in the fandom, and I can see where it could be heard as "Vitalini," but it has never sounded like that me. More like "Vita'ani" if the apostrophe helps the pronunciation point I'm trying to make. It's sounded kind of like two 'a's to me, sorta, which could be an easy mispronunciation in the heat of the moment.
Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Next

Return to The Lion King II: Simba's Pride