Vitani... Vitalini

Re: Vitani... Vitalini

Postby MooLion » May 2nd, 2014, 10:51 am

Aha, yeah, I'll just have to accept that's what it is now. :)
~Banner by Amy!~
"Your mother on the other hand, I admired her. She wanted to have me executed... but I admired her." ~ Tyrion
MooLion
You poisoned the moonlight

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

When you put out the sun

Nickname(s): Moo
Pride Points: 15

Postby DragonFromNewYork » May 29th, 2014, 8:32 pm

Although I'm pretty sure she doesn't say Vitalini, it's thought that she originally didn't say "Vitani" either. It is thought that she was meant to say "Shetani"(Vitani's original screenplay name) but they changed it.
"Where's your pretty daughter, Nalaaa?"
DragonFromNewYork

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Safina
Pride Points: 1

Postby ex-pridelander » June 10th, 2014, 11:44 pm

I've noticed the exact same thing, ever since I bought the VHS in '98 actually. I've not got the film on blu-ray yet so have yet to notice if any difference exists there. But maybe it's just us. :)
ex-pridelander
against a blood red sky

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Postby MooLion » June 11th, 2014, 3:57 pm

Haha. ;) Do let me know how it sounds on the blu-ray if you do get it soon!
~Banner by Amy!~
"Your mother on the other hand, I admired her. She wanted to have me executed... but I admired her." ~ Tyrion
MooLion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

When you put out the sun

Postby MalibuTrashDog » June 12th, 2014, 1:11 pm

Nah man I hear an "L" sound in there. Then again, I'm one of the ones with the fantasy that Vitani is Nala's daughter through Scar ;D
MalibuTrashDog
Daddy Atsume

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

The trash that collects you.

Nickname(s): Malibu, Sam
Pride Points: 100

Postby Regulus » June 12th, 2014, 2:18 pm

I always thought Nala said Ptolemy.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby electricocomics » June 14th, 2014, 3:15 pm

It's always been Vitalini in the version I saw. I feel this is sort of like songs where everyone hears even just slightly different lyrics.
Electricocomics

electricocomics
ELC Prop Making

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

'sup

Nickname(s): electricocomics
Pride Points: 1

Postby MooLion » June 15th, 2014, 12:10 pm

Darn it, why do all the people who agree with me post now? You made me look so silly back on the other page! :P :lol:
~Banner by Amy!~
MooLion

When you put out the sun

Postby Haraka » June 18th, 2014, 6:24 pm

I am not alone ! :testify: i totally hear vitalini each time too , wonder if we just misunderstand or there is really an error there ?
Haraka

Pride Points: 10

Postby ScarsLove » June 18th, 2014, 8:43 pm

I've heard both pronunciations! I just thought it was me.

Image Image Image Image

Spoiler: show
ScarsLove

"All's well that's well for me"

Nickname(s): Wolfy, Nikki
Pride Points: 70

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion King II: Simba's Pride