Vitani... Vitalini

Re: Vitani... Vitalini

Postby LadyAislinn » June 19th, 2014, 12:04 am

I always heard Vitalini. I think it was probably just a slip up with her voice actor and they just left it. :/ It wouldn't be the first time.
Everything By Me
Graphics Tumblr dA Profile
LadyAislinn
Scientist, Philosopher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But Always Wanted To Be A Pirate

Nickname(s): LA, Jessa
Pride Points: 10

Postby onsipin » June 19th, 2014, 6:41 pm

I used to own a VHS and i watched the battle scene probably close to a hundred times throughout my childhood and I heard Vitalini everytime
onsipin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Postby PrincessKiara » October 27th, 2014, 12:53 am

I have never heard anything else than "Vitani." Like something else mentioned, Nalas anger in this scene causes her to put extra pressure on the "a" in the middle of Vitanis name, but I honestly don`t hear any extra syllables or anything.
PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

Postby ayperiumbra » September 6th, 2018, 5:29 pm

I hear Vitalani as well when I listen to that scene.
ayperiumbra

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby SimbasGuard » September 7th, 2018, 7:00 am

[quote="PrincessKiara"]I have never heard anything else than "Vitani." Like something else mentioned, Nalas anger in this scene causes her to put extra pressure on the "a" in the middle of Vitanis name, but I honestly don`t hear any extra syllables or anything.[/quote]

I'm with Carl and PrincessKiara on this one. All I have ever heard is Nala put more emphasis on the A when she says Vitani.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby PridelandsPhantom » October 2nd, 2018, 2:59 am

Vitani was most likely originally called Vitalani. This was changed because it translates as demon and that could have been taken offensively by some. Nala’s VA could have recorded those lines before the name change. Weirder things have happened. In The Secret of NIMH they had to re-record or edit dialogue to change Mrs. Frisby’s name to Brisby to avoid a lawsuit from the Frisbee company. Some actors could not re-record so they had to take the b sound from already recorded dialogue.
Dog Mom to Misty, Sango, Tami, Abby, and Kawaii. :)
Three Angel Babies at the Rainbow Bridge: Mija, London, and Olga :cry:
PridelandsPhantom
Kion is My Waifu!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Disney Fan and Lioness at Heart

Nickname(s): Mako, Dog Mom, Alex, Jessi
Pride Points: 12

Postby Scarthetrueking » October 4th, 2018, 3:21 pm

[quote="PridelandsPhantom"]Vitani was most likely originally called Vitalani. This was changed because it translates as demon and that could have been taken offensively by some. Nala’s VA could have recorded those lines before the name change. Weirder things have happened. In The Secret of NIMH they had to re-record or edit dialogue to change Mrs. Frisby’s name to Brisby to avoid a lawsuit from the Frisbee company. Some actors could not re-record so they had to take the b sound from already recorded dialogue.[/quote]
that seems to make sense, even though I highly doubt many people would know what her name even means unless they research swahili or other simular languages. I did hear vitalani, so who knows?! :sad: :?
Scarthetrueking
maddog

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Long Live The Queen!

Nickname(s): Maddie

Previous

Return to The Lion King II: Simba's Pride