Zazu's realtionship with Kiara

Zazu's realtionship with Kiara

Postby KiarasBiggestFan » February 12th, 2014, 4:49 pm

Zazu seems to be proud of her and care about her:

He looks proud during her presentation and when she's born.

She tells her to stay away from the Outlands.

He is worried about the fire and how she's in it.

When he sees Kovu with her he freaks out.

It seems like he respects her and tolerates her more than he did cub Simba. Kiara dosen't interact with him, but I assume the respect for each other is mutual.
KiarasBiggestFan
I am the ninja

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are one

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 3

Re: Zazu's realtionship with Kiara

Postby MooLion » February 12th, 2014, 7:51 pm

I just don't think Zazu had enough to do in the film for one to really get an idea of how he was with the characters. Did he even have a scene with her? :O
~Banner by Amy!~
"Your mother on the other hand, I admired her. She wanted to have me executed... but I admired her." ~ Tyrion
MooLion
You poisoned the moonlight

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

When you put out the sun

Nickname(s): Moo
Pride Points: 15

Postby TheLionPrince » February 12th, 2014, 8:14 pm

[quote="MooLion"]I just don't think Zazu had enough to do in the film for one to really get an idea of how he was with the characters. Did he even have a scene with her? :O[/quote]

Yes, he does. At the beginning, Zazu states, although indirectly to her, that in the Outlands there is "nothing there but a bunch of back-stabbing, murderous Outsiders." Later on, when Simba returns to the Pride Lands injured from the ambush, Kiara instructs Zazu to "get help".
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby The Spirit of Life » February 12th, 2014, 11:37 pm

To me, Timon and Pumbaa kind of inherited the role of cub-stalker in SP from Zazu. Obviously when Simba was a cub in the Pridelands, he didn't know the aforementioned meerkat or warthog yet, so Zazu was the royal babysitter/thorn in Simba and Nala's sides. Timon and Pumbaa were used very similarly to the way Zazu was in TLK, and in my opinion, Kiara's relationship with them was similar to the one Simba had with Zazu while he was growing up. This is why I would have to say that, to answer the question, the relationship between Kiara and Zazu was amicable and respectful, but I don't think they had a lot of direct dealings with one another.
The Spirit of Life
oh, oh, iyo ...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

mamela.

Pride Points: 21

Postby juhouh » February 20th, 2014, 1:30 am

Should have had more Nala-Kiara scenes rather than Zazu. For me this is just fine. It's funny how Kovu teaches Kiara to hunt even he will never have to do it by himself. Kiara definitely needs some pro tips from Nala
Ask me - My Playlist - Steam
"Never trust the future, Never miss the past, If you live for the shining moment, The moment may just last…"
Signature by SimbasMate
juhouh
Nalaholic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Juho
Pride Points: 46

Postby zinxscar » February 24th, 2014, 1:57 am

[quote="juhouh"]Should have had more Nala-Kiara scenes rather than Zazu. For me this is just fine. It's funny how Kovu teaches Kiara to hunt even he will never have to do it by himself. Kiara definitely needs some pro tips from Nala[/quote]

This is very true. At least Zazu had some scenes with her. Nala gets what, three? But yes, I think Zazu and Kiara do have a relationship, but Zazu is more of an extra character, he sadly doesn't get enough time to develop.
zinxscar

Nickname(s): Zin, Sephy, Sephi
Pride Points: 0

Postby Biomac » August 22nd, 2014, 5:56 am

Well younger Simba was more stubborn than his daughter, so I guess that's why Zazu was being more severe with him.
[quote="The Spirit of Life"]To me, Timon and Pumbaa kind of inherited the role of cub-stalker in SP from Zazu. Obviously when Simba was a cub in the Pridelands, he didn't know the aforementioned meerkat or warthog yet, so Zazu was the royal babysitter/thorn in Simba and Nala's sides. Timon and Pumbaa were used very similarly to the way Zazu was in TLK, and in my opinion, Kiara's relationship with them was similar to the one Simba had with Zazu while he was growing up. This is why I would have to say that, to answer the question, the relationship between Kiara and Zazu was amicable and respectful, but I don't think they had a lot of direct dealings with one another.[/quote]
Agreed. Also Simba trusts more Timon and Pumbaa since they're his best friends. However, Mufasa did entrusted Zazu more, considering their friendship exposed in The Lion King Six New Adventures.

I am the Hope of the Universe... I am the Answer to all Living Things that cry out for Peace... I am Protector of the Innocent... I am the Light in the Darkness... I am Truth - Goku.

Mosquitoes suck - Saitama.
Biomac

Nickname(s): Bio
Pride Points: 36

Postby PrincessKiara » October 27th, 2014, 12:25 am

What The Spirit of Life said.

I get the impression that Kiara is more respectful and friendly to Zazu than Simba was, but that this is largely due to her not being stalked/babysat by him.
Also Kiara barely interacts with anyone else in the film except Simba and Kovu..
PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

Return to The Lion King II: Simba's Pride