I Just Watched The Lion King II Again

I Just Watched The Lion King II Again

Postby le0 » December 22nd, 2021, 3:06 am

And it's absolutely amazing.

That's all.
le0

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Jonas
Pride Points: 15

Re: I Just Watched The Lion King II Again

Postby SimbasGuard » March 10th, 2022, 8:17 am

That it is, It is well regarded for a Direct To Video Sequel, But There are still People that just see it as a Direct To Video Sequel. As eager as I was for a Lion King sequel after the original came out, In hindsight I wish Disney had truly given this the Theatrical treatment It deserved. Michael Eisner said it was treated like a Theatrical production, but have doubts about that.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Iberian » October 6th, 2022, 12:07 am

[quote="SimbasGuard"]That it is, It is well regarded for a Direct To Video Sequel, But There are still People that just see it as a Direct To Video Sequel. As eager as I was for a Lion King sequel after the original came out, In hindsight I wish Disney had truly given this the Theatrical treatment It deserved. Michael Eisner said it was treated like a Theatrical production, but have doubts about that.[/quote]

Can't remember any theatrical production having their animation outsourced to their Australia studios... :?
Eisner is lying. :evil:

Regarding the original post. Yes, yes it is a great movie.
Iberian

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 14

Postby Elton John » October 6th, 2022, 12:16 am

It looks nicer than a lot of disney dtv movies from that era of disney but that isn't a high bar. I got 5 minutes into Hunchback 2 before the feeling of wanting to vomit set in, I got 3 minutes into The Little Mermaid 2 and 20 minutes into The Little Mermaid prequel movie.

I was able to finish Aladdin Return of Jafar in spite of Iago having too many songs (gilbert gottfrieds singing goes against the geneva convention, I hear they used it to torture prisoners in gitmo).

I won't touch any of the others. I tried rewatching tlk1.5, it looks nice at least but I just don't like it much outside of a few scenes.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby SimbasGuard » October 6th, 2022, 8:01 am

[quote="Iberian"]Can't remember any theatrical production having their animation outsourced to their Australia studios... :?
Eisner is lying. :evil:

Regarding the original post. Yes, yes it is a great movie.[/quote]

Very good point.

@Elton John: Yes Lion King 2's animation is a step above usual DTV releases.

I have no problem with most of the DTV movies Although I really think They made Hunchback 2 just so Quasimodo could get The Girl at the end.

The biggest problem I have is with The Disney+ movie The Ice Age Adventures of Buck Wild. It was a good movie, but Disney should be ashamed with how cheaply they made this. The Animation is no where near the quality BlueSky would have done. The only original voice They brought back was Simon Peg, and worst of all they retconned Shira, Brook, and shockingly even Peaches (as well as Julian). out of the franchise. :x I love Shira

Back on topic (kind of) getting a follow up to Lion King 2 in the last two episodes of The Lion Guard was a dream cone true for Me (after 22 years of waiting). Things were given closer and left open ended. Just the way I like it. I would gladly revisit The Pride Lands Or Tree Of Life anytime should Disney want to visit the original continuity.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Return to The Lion King II: Simba's Pride