Jason Weaver almost provided the voice acting for young Simb

Jason Weaver almost provided the voice acting for young Simb

Postby Elton John » September 5th, 2019, 5:32 am

https://www.complex.com/pop-culture/2019/08/jason-weaver-explains-why-he-was-only-young-simbas-singing-voice

Jason Weaver provided young simbas singing voice and almost his regular voice as well. Disney almost went with him but they already signed up Jonathan Taylor Thomas.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Re: Jason Weaver almost provided the voice acting for young

Postby TheLionPrince » September 5th, 2019, 11:21 pm

That's a cool story. I personally loved Jonathan Taylor Thomas as young Simba since he captured that cocky, arrogant side of young Simba. However, with today's audio technology, it's easy to hear a disconnect between Thomas's voice and Jason Weaver's voice. It would have been better if it was all done by one actor, but I'm happy with how things worked out.

On another note, the original directors revealed at the premiere of the 2019 remake that they wanted Malcolm Jamal-Warner (Theo from The Cosby Show) to play adult Simba.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Re: Jason Weaver almost provided the voice acting for young

Postby Panpardus » September 6th, 2019, 6:00 pm

I was just about to write a post about both of those things. That would've been an interesting alternative reality if both ended up getting the respective roles.
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Return to The Lion King