Why no Be Prepared in the Remake this time?

Why no Be Prepared in the Remake this time?

Postby gothprincesskiara » July 23rd, 2018, 4:35 pm

Can we discuss the reason why they arnt going to do Be Prepared in the remake? did it have something to do with the Nazi issue? I hope thats the case cause It makes sense to me, but I still think they could have done it a different way.
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Re: Why no Be Prepared in the Remake this time?

Postby Elton John » July 23rd, 2018, 4:59 pm

1: it hasn’t been oficially confirmed. The only thing pointing towards the song not being in the movie is an out of context interview with elton john.

2: Wrong board.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Re: Why no Be Prepared in the Remake this time?

Postby TheLionPrince » July 23rd, 2018, 6:11 pm

^Yes, it has. Elton John specifically said to The Sun that there will be four songs from the original film and listed the songs by name. No way could he forget "Be Prepared", but if he even did forget, surely he would have clarified by now. So, in the end, you could be right since circumstances about Hollywood films, more often than not, divert from what's initially reported, but for now, I'll take Elton's word.

[quote="Comicbook.com"]"They need to have a new end credits song," said John. "There's going to be four of our songs in the film, from the original: 'Can You Feel The Love Tonight?' 'Hakuna Matata,' 'I Just Can’t Wait To Be King,' and 'Circle of Life'. And then there will be an end, closing song, and we've been speaking to Beyoncé's people and hopefully Tim and I and her can cook up something. That’s going out in 2019 as well. And it will be great to work with her. So we will see."[/quote]

And Goth, we have had multiple discussions about the exclusion of "Be Prepared" like this thread and we discussed it in the remake thread. Heck, you even commented in the former. If it's true, I suppose the song was cut to probably make Scar a more sympathetic villain. Another theory suggested by Panpardus is that a lion and hyenas singing and dancing around volcanic eruption and tectonic activity doesn't translate well into realism, but surely they keep the song and stage it more realistically.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Return to The Lion King