Favorite Scene?

Favorite Scene?

Postby Azdgari » June 15th, 2018, 6:11 am

I'm sure this exists somewhere in the depths of the forum, but what the heck, I certainly can't find it. What's your favorite scene in the movie?

My favorite scene is Simba running off from TImon/Pumbaa after they make fun of him for the great kings comment, having his identity crisis, and getting some sense talked into him by Rafiki. Just love the heavy themes of loss there, and the growth that happens over just a few minutes. For me, that's really the peak of his character arc. Great soundtrack, beautiful animation of the savannah at night, it all works for me.
Guess the Member with Kitva Hyperlink: show
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 114

Re: Favorite Scene?

Postby TheLionPrince » June 15th, 2018, 7:01 pm

I found one on page 6.

My favorite scene is the "Can You Feel the Love Tonight" musical number.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby TLK_Kid » June 15th, 2018, 8:31 pm

I'm terrible at choosing favorites. xD

3. "King of Pride Rock" scene

2. "Circle of Life" scene

1. This one qualifies as more of scenes, I guess. Starting from the scene right after Simba and Nala's argument; all the way through Rafiki's finding Simba and his crazy chanting and dancing around (because Rafiki is obviously the best), the "Remember who you are" scene, all the way to the part where Simba finally decides to go back home and runs off with Rafiki hollering in the background. Yep. That entire part. :P
TLK_Kid
When in doubt...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

ASANTE SANA SQUASH BANANA

Nickname(s): Just call me Kid xD
Pride Points: 4

Postby WildSimba » June 15th, 2018, 8:40 pm

Be prepared.
"There are you, you drive like a demon from station to station," - David Bowie
WildSimba
Fan the Flames

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Ain't it Funny how it happens

Nickname(s): WS, David
Telegram: Ask me through PM
Pride Points: 122

Postby Azdgari » June 15th, 2018, 10:33 pm

[quote="TLK_Kid"]
1. This one qualifies as more of scenes, I guess. Starting from the scene right after Simba and Nala's argument; all the way through Rafiki's finding Simba and his crazy chanting and dancing around (because Rafiki is obviously the best), the "Remember who you are" scene, all the way to the part where Simba finally decides to go back home and runs off with Rafiki hollering in the background. Yep. That entire part. :P[/quote]
Hey that's pretty much mine!

@TLP six pages back... I'm cool with it.

:nehneh:
Guess the Member with Kitva Hyperlink: show
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 114

Postby SwagaliciousXXX » June 16th, 2018, 6:50 am

The whole stampede scene in the Gorge. The music slowly swelling up as Simba notices the Gazelles. It was so epic that it kinda dwarfs the actual climax IMO.
“Arthur, I finally have my answer to your question, “Why do you think birds fly?” Birds fly because they want to fly. They don’t need a reason to, even if their wings snap and doom them to die. They don’t fly for anyone’s benefit. They don’t fly because they were ordered to. They fly because they want to fly and for no other reason!”
SwagaliciousXXX
It'sOverAnakin!IHaveTheTopLine

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

YOU UNDERESTIMATE MY POWER!

Nickname(s): Swag
Pride Points: 13

Postby TheLionPrince » June 16th, 2018, 6:54 pm

[quote="SwagaliciousXXX"]The whole stampede scene in the Gorge. The music slowly swelling up as Simba notices the Gazelles. It was so epic that it kinda dwarfs the actual climax IMO.[/quote]

Wildebeest, you mean.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby SwagaliciousXXX » June 17th, 2018, 3:35 am

[quote="TheLionPrince"]Wildebeest, you mean.[/quote]
Whoops. I knew that. I was just testing you hahaha. Definitely... 8-)
“Arthur, I finally have my answer to your question, “Why do you think birds fly?” Birds fly because they want to fly. They don’t need a reason to, even if their wings snap and doom them to die. They don’t fly for anyone’s benefit. They don’t fly because they were ordered to. They fly because they want to fly and for no other reason!”
SwagaliciousXXX
It'sOverAnakin!IHaveTheTopLine

YOU UNDERESTIMATE MY POWER!

Nickname(s): Swag
Pride Points: 13

Postby SimbasGuard » June 18th, 2018, 7:01 am

Since TheLionPrince was kind enough to track down the original thread. I will just quote what I sad there because my options have not changed.

[quote="SimbasGuard"]My favorite scenes are:
Can You Feel The Love Tonight: That Scene captured the moment perfectly.

The Battle For Pride Rock: As others have said simply Epic.[/quote]
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby DGFone » June 19th, 2018, 5:06 am

I am going to add a third point to the "Under the Stars" scene that starts after Simba and Nala's fight post CYFTLT. Just a quick look into what I wrote in the previous topic shows me that I barely wrote anything that time, so while the information isn't any different than before, there is plenty of room to elaborate. So here it goes:

Way back in the summer of 2009, when my family and I were spending a week long vacation near Yellowstone , I was trying to search for a song from Command and Conquer: Tiberian Sun, using the terrible wifi of the campground. While waiting for the minutes-long buffer download (for a two minute long song), I noticed that the laptop I was using, a family member`s, had a lion king song on it - King of Pride Rock from the original soundtrack. Noticing it, I put it on, and really liked what I had heard, for at that point it had been years since I had last seen the movie. While the music was familiar, it was also very new at the same time, allowing me to focus on the music much more than when I am watching the movie.

This also reminded me how for years and years before that, I would very on-and-off search for a very specific part of what I knew was also from The Lion King's sountrack - it was later at this same trip that I figured out that it was the ending portion of "Under the Stars". But in oder to get to the end of the song, I obviously had to listen to the rest of it first.

I was hooked instantly.

Little did I know that this was how I eventually got into the Lion King fandom - through the music, and "Under the Stars" especially. So is it of little wonder that my favorite part of the movie is when that music plays?

Okay, the way Rafiki sings Asante sana squash banana is really awesome too. Call it ASMR or something if you want, but I can listen to that chanting all day.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Next

Return to The Lion King