If you watched TLK right now...

Re: If you watched TLK right now...

Postby Gerada » December 31st, 2018, 5:15 pm

Yes. Mufasa's death was powerful because it was the first major death on screen, but what made this scene harder to watch was Simba's simple and traumatic, "You gotta get up."
:cry:
[In progress.....]

[Credits go to KiaraKovu, Huge Thanks!]
Gerada

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Hakuna Matata

Pride Points: 2

Postby DGFone » January 1st, 2019, 4:00 am

[quote="Gerada"]but what made this scene harder to watch was Simba's simple and traumatic, "You gotta get up."[/quote]

I always found the part immediately afterwards when Simba realizes that something is seriously wrong, turns and runs off while screaming "help!" as much more impactful. Of course, the music that plays this whole time really doesn't help things here.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Azdgari » January 1st, 2019, 5:01 pm

Yeah, the whole sequence is pretty brutal top to bottom. Gets me every time.
Guess the Member with Kitva Hyperlink: show
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 114

Postby Elton John » January 1st, 2019, 10:50 pm

man, this scene in the remake in the remake is gonna wreck me.

Something happened to my dad a few months back (he had a ministroke). He’s fine now, but that made me realize just how fragile our lives are more than anything else that has happened in my life.

So Mufasas death in the remake will have a different meaning than when i originally saw the lion king in 1994.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Pepster » January 2nd, 2019, 1:24 pm

Didn't even cry the first time. I rarely cry watching movies/TV.
Pepster
ʕノ•ᴥ•ʔノ ︵ ┻━┻

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I will not let you destroy my world!!!

Nickname(s): Pep
Pride Points: 1

Postby Heleigh » April 7th, 2019, 7:59 pm

Sometimes, especially if the mood is right. Mufasa has a very cruel and painful way to die and Simba's grief is heartbreaking.
Heleigh
In your reflection

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 1

Postby Meskhenet » May 1st, 2019, 6:52 am

Sometimes I cry, but I usually don't because I've seen the movie too many times.

I will admit though it is gut wrenching to see Simba find his beloved father the way he did, and try to get him up. It gets harder to watch when Simba realizes that something is wrong with his father and tries in vain to get help, only to find that he is all alone in the gorge with his dead father. The melancholy score playing in the background as Simba cries as he makes his way back to his father doesn't help either.

I can't imagine a young child going through something similar in real life. Not by a wildebeest stampede of course, but losing your father or any close family at such a young age under such terrible circumstances.
Meskhenet
Let this prayer be your guide

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Always remember your pride

Nickname(s): Mesk
Pride Points: 21

Postby Azdgari » May 2nd, 2019, 3:13 am

^Man, the score during that scene is just so powerful. That and the HTTYD2 scene (shameless plug of my favorite animated series) with the viking funeral are both just killer.
Guess the Member with Kitva Hyperlink: show
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 114

Postby TheBlackCatCrossing » August 16th, 2019, 6:08 pm

I never cried during that scene. Hear me out. When it originally came out in 1994, I had already watched Bambi and The Land Before Time. So I think that because I had scene those films, Mufasa's death didn't impact me. I did almost lose it in the theater in the remake the other day.
Death is a challenge. It tells us not to waste time… It tells us to tell each other right now that we love each other.

Leo Buscaglia
TheBlackCatCrossing
Damnatio ad bestias

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nothing really matters-Madonna

Nickname(s): Harley Quinn
Pride Points: 27

Postby SimbasMate » August 26th, 2019, 7:22 am

Nope. For some reason I've never actually cried. I do tear up a little, though and my heart hurts for poor Simba.
[quote="Amanda"]And just like that she vanished, like a fart in the wind.
[/quote]
sig by Regulus
SimbasMate
Queen of Hell

BB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/mes

Nickname(s): SM/Crystal
Telegram: @CatOverlord
Pride Points: 161

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion King