Could someone locate which scene/score this came from?

Could someone locate which scene/score this came from?

Postby it means no worries » September 18th, 2017, 12:45 am

Stupid question, but could someone locate the scene/score that the voice at the beginning comes from, please? Someone suggested that it was from Simba's ascent of Pride Rock, but it doesn't sound the same to me. (Although it may well be from that and I'm just deaf :P)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLIOLGTfbjI
it means no worries

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 63

Re: Could someone locate which scene/score this came from?

Postby Elton John » September 18th, 2017, 8:40 am

It sounds a lot like either 'king of pride rock' or 'this land'. Not completely sure which.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Captain Cupcake » September 18th, 2017, 9:35 am

It's a fan-made medley derived from different parts of the score (and incorporating some instrumental variants of some songs near the end too), so it takes some liberties with the material it's playing with rather than outright recreating a particular cue from the soundtrack. It opens with Mufasa's theme and then segues into an uplifting rendition of Simba's one, kind of similar to how the ascension scene was scored, but this cover's rendition of the Simba's part sounds closer to the beginning of "We Are All Connected" without a choir rather than like the version that plays when he climbs up.
Captain Cupcake
Hnnng...

HNNNGGGG!!!

Nickname(s): Master
Pride Points: 11

Postby Sushi » September 18th, 2017, 6:36 pm

As Captain cupcake said its not exactly an outright match to the film.

To me it sounded like Simbas spirit journey when Mufasa reminds him who he is.
As soon as it started i almost heard Simba saying "You said you'd always be there for me!"
Sushi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Samaki
Telegram: @jagerleopard (https://telegram.me/jagerleopard)
Pride Points: 2

Postby DGFone » September 18th, 2017, 11:15 pm

The first part of the video matches closest to the music found in the scene with Mufasa's ghost - "Remember who you are". But as others here said: this is a fan recreation of the score, so you won't find this specific part anywhere in the movie.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Return to The Lion King