Page 2 of 2

Re: Did Simba and Nala become mates in CanYouFeelTheLoveToni

PostPosted: June 24th, 2017, 7:01 am
by SimbasGuard
Sorry, double post :oops:

Re: Did Simba and Nala become mates in CanYouFeelTheLoveToni

PostPosted: June 24th, 2017, 6:04 pm
by Panpardus
SimbasGuard wrote:
Panpardus wrote:Remember, for what it's worth, it's mentioned in "Can't Wait to be Queen" that the deceased elephant Aminifu played a key role in helping to restore order to the food web, which from an ecological perspective here just means convincing all the Pride Lands herbivores to come back once word got out that Simba was now king and the more herbivore-friendly policies were restored. So I mean, that coupled with the timing of Simba's return relative to the start of the rainy season is what makes the whole 4-month period entirely plausible, at least to me.


True, but for the herbivores to come back let alone the elephant herds there had to be significant healing in The Pride Lands in order for there to be enough vegetation to sustain them. I just don't think enough vegetation could grow in a four month span to feed a herd of Elephants let alone all of the other herbivores.


It's not too hard to picture if you've seen the seasonal floral and faunal shifts that regularly occur in that region of sub-Saharan Africa; it's pretty dramatic what a difference a couple of months makes in the Serengeti.

Re: Did Simba and Nala become mates in CanYouFeelTheLoveToni

PostPosted: June 25th, 2017, 11:10 pm
by SimbasGuard
Panpardus wrote:It's not too hard to picture if you've seen the seasonal floral and faunal shifts that regularly occur in that region of sub-Saharan Africa; it's pretty dramatic what a difference a couple of months makes in the Serengeti.


O.K. I've never seen that so I have no counter point to make. The only other argument I could use is one of those laws of nature that Disney could easily have chosen to ignore. That leaves me with only this option.

I like my theory better :P

Seriously though I'm not changing my headcanon because to me it just makes the most sense. However I definitely can not disprove yours.

Re: Did Simba and Nala become mates in CanYouFeelTheLoveToni

PostPosted: June 27th, 2017, 8:52 pm
by Simba_Lion
I think that they also conceived their first cub (depends on who consider Kopa as canon), but that scene was "cut off", happening after the 'Can you feel the love tonight?' scene but before their argument.

Re: Did Simba and Nala become mates in CanYouFeelTheLoveToni

PostPosted: June 28th, 2017, 8:47 pm
by Regulus
SimbasGuard wrote:True, but for the herbivores to come back let alone the elephant herds there had to be significant healing in The Pride Lands in order for there to be enough vegetation to sustain them. I just don't think enough vegetation could grow in a four month span to feed a herd of Elephants let alone all of the other herbivores.


Considering how fast my lawn grows into a jungle, I wouldn't be surprised if all the vegetation in the Pridelands did suddenly grow back over one night.

Re: Did Simba and Nala become mates in CanYouFeelTheLoveToni

PostPosted: June 29th, 2017, 9:06 am
by SimbasGuard
Regulus wrote:Considering how fast my lawn grows into a jungle, I wouldn't be surprised if all the vegetation in the Pridelands did suddenly grow back over one night.


:lol: O.K. but did your lawn have to start from being totally dead to begin with?

Re: Did Simba and Nala become mates in CanYouFeelTheLoveToni

PostPosted: June 29th, 2017, 9:18 pm
by Regulus
SimbasGuard wrote:
Regulus wrote:Considering how fast my lawn grows into a jungle, I wouldn't be surprised if all the vegetation in the Pridelands did suddenly grow back over one night.


:lol: O.K. but did your lawn have to start from being totally dead to begin with?


Depends on how big the weed killer budget is for any given week.

Re: Did Simba and Nala become mates in CanYouFeelTheLoveToni

PostPosted: July 1st, 2017, 1:01 am
by DGFone
The California savanna I live near to goes from graveyard dead to golf course green in a matter of weeks every year once the rains start. Grass can be an amazing thing, sometimes.

Re: Did Simba and Nala become mates in CanYouFeelTheLoveToni

PostPosted: July 1st, 2017, 5:26 am
by PridelandsPhantom
I'd say CYFTLT is meant to imply that Simba and Nala became mates. The deleted scenes or storyboards give more insight into this. Nala at one point says "Didn't last night mean anything to you?" Then Simba says something along the lines of "I love you." To me this implies that the lions had a roll in the hay, so to speak ;) As for conceiving the first royal cub, I agree it is probably a bit later after Simba becomes king. I think CYFTLT is kind of like Simba and Nala's "wedding". I kind of equate it to the end of SP when Kiara and Kovu are shown to be mates and they're "married." I'd say besides Hunchback of Notre Dame, TLK has one of the more veiled (to kids anyway) references to sex, well at least implied. :worriednala:

Re: Did Simba and Nala become mates in CanYouFeelTheLoveToni

PostPosted: July 1st, 2017, 9:43 am
by SimbasGuard
Regulus wrote:Depends on how big the weed killer budget is for any given week.


DGFone wrote:The California savanna I live near to goes from graveyard dead to golf course green in a matter of weeks every year once the rains start. Grass can be an amazing thing, sometimes.


:lol: O.K. O.K I get it grass has the potential to grow like weeds. :lol:

PridelandsPhantom wrote:I'd say CYFTLT is meant to imply that Simba and Nala became mates. The deleted scenes or storyboards give more insight into this. Nala at one point says "Didn't last night mean anything to you?" Then Simba says something along the lines of "I love you." To me this implies that the lions had a roll in the hay, so to speak ;) As for conceiving the first royal cub, I agree it is probably a bit later after Simba becomes king.


As well as what I have agreed to alter my opinion to as it just makes the most sense to me.