How and why did the land die during scars reign?

Re: How and why did the land die during scars reign?

Postby Outsider218 » December 18th, 2018, 9:54 pm

I always thought that it was the hyenas causing it because they ate everything!!
Outsider218
Life's Not Fair, is it?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Postby SimbasGuard » December 19th, 2018, 5:20 am

The Hyenas definitely were a factor in what happened.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby gothprincesskiara » December 23rd, 2018, 2:42 pm

But If the Hyenas ate everything, then the vegetation would grow more cause there are no herbivores to eat the vegetation
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby Elton John » December 23rd, 2018, 2:59 pm

Its to show just how awful a leader Scar was.

And again this is is shown in The Lion Guard where he can’t even kill a few baby animals, albeit he’s now in spoopy ghost form.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby SimbasGuard » January 15th, 2019, 1:01 am

[quote="gothprincesskiara"]But If the Hyenas ate everything, then the vegetation would grow more cause there are no herbivores to eat the vegetation[/quote]

With no rain to water the vegetation and no Herbivores to fertilize it the vegetation did not survive the drought.

[quote="Elton John"]Its to show just how awful a leader Scar was.

And again this is is shown in The Lion Guard where he can’t even kill a few baby animals, albeit he’s now in spoopy ghost form.[/quote]

Not to defend Scar or show any kind of disrespect to The Lion Guard (as they are a very capable team), Scar has less capable Henchmen to work with this time around, and said Henchmen have even less capable underlings working for them.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby DGFone » January 23rd, 2019, 6:43 am

Strictly speaking, while the Lion Guard is canon, the Pride Lands are shown to be dead in the original movie due to Scar's reign, about twenty years before The Lion Guard was a thing. Is it really applicable to use TLG in answering this question?

More properly on-topic, there is a way for a lack of herbivores to translate into the death of plantlife. While I am not sure how it will work on dry land, this has happened and is a real problem in the seas: When plantlife is able to grow without constraint, it is possible for the plants to use up all the nutrients in the soil, thus creating a period of rapid plant growth followed by a massive die off.

In oceans, this is known as a Dead Zone, where "plant" life, in the form of an algae bloom, leaves large areas devoid of other life because of a lack of food. For that matter, about it happening on dry land: the Dust Bowl and similar events are caused by mass farming leading to this very problem.

To debunk my own post now, as fare as I can tell, for dry land, it usually takes a rather long time, as in number of decades, for this effect to go into action. I don't see it as being the reason why the Pride Lands bought it under the very brief rule of Scar.
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Previous

Return to The Lion King