Do you think Scar regrets killing Mufasa?

Re: Do you think Scar regrets killing Mufasa?

Postby moonsugar33 » July 26th, 2016, 2:54 pm

As someone who has been certain at the time that I wished death on others but then reconsidered my views further down the track: yes, it's entirely possible that Scar had his moments of self-doubt and regret, but going by what we know of his character I'd say those feelings probably weren't very long-lived. Even if he wasn't exactly comfortable, he got what he wanted.

It's a dark path, but strong villainous people don't let darkness get in the way of things they want.
moonsugar33

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 9

Postby PrincessKiara » August 1st, 2016, 6:31 pm

When Scar was frightened at seeing Simba, believing it to be his brother, I don`t think Scar was feeling regret, just fear at being exposed for a murderer, or even killed himself by Mufasa and/or the lionesses.

Considering Scar is shown as a cold and calculating villain with a strong hunger for power and doesn`t seem to care about anyone other than himself - I don`t think he ever regretted or even felt bad about killing Mufasa. In Scars mind, he got what he wanted, and killing Mufasa (and Simba) was the only way to get the power he so craved.
PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

Postby CrispyLight » August 4th, 2016, 2:01 pm

Yes, I certainly do think he regrets killing Mufasa. Althought it didn't show in the film, i am pretty sure it hurt too for him. After all, he is his brother and they grew up togheter, (well, atliest i think so..) 8-)
CrispyLight
Keep calm....

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

...And love the lion king

Nickname(s): Call me anything !
Pride Points: 2

Postby ScarXZira10889 » August 9th, 2016, 12:38 am

:upset2: I personally think that he was Scared. :furious2: :jealous:
ScarXZira10889
Zira, Queen of PrideRock

Well done, Kovu. Just like we've always planned.

Nickname(s): Zira,Scars devoted Queen
Pride Points: 0

Postby Amur_Tiger » August 10th, 2016, 10:42 am

[quote="ScarXZira10889"]:upset2: I personally think that he was Scared. :furious2: :jealous:[/quote]

Probably true, but internalized in a really poisonous way.

One thing that the end of the movie makes super clear is that Scar can't reflect on himself or his actions ( thus the argument with the hyenas and Sarabi ) so there's little chance that he reflects on his own feelings and motivations. A primary source of fear for Scar seems likely to be a fear of inadequacy, thus the jealousy of 'more adequate' Mufasa, and his fear of admitting any sort of mistake or inability.

Fear, jealousy, anger, none of these are inherently evil but they can drive people to do evil things especially if you have no capacity for self-reflection where you might examine those feelings and try to work your way around them reasonably.
Amur_Tiger

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 9

Postby Troll Berserker » August 13th, 2016, 12:48 pm

No. He shows no remorse of his actions. He was scared to see a supposed "Mufasa" because if Mufasa was alive and came back, he could expose Scar's betrayal.
I think Scar is pretty much a complete sociopath - selfish and completely unable to feel love, empathy and attachment.
[quote]"Wild lions do it!!" yes, but we're talking about a society of human-minded lions, not cub-eating beasts[/quote]
PREACH!

Image Image Image
"We've come to scream in the happy house
We're in a dream in the happy house
We're all quite sane"
Troll Berserker
A True Blooded Fantasy

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I'm not the one that's so absurd

Nickname(s): Troll, TB
Pride Points: 15

Postby SilverSimba01 » November 27th, 2016, 8:12 pm

I don't think he ever showed any sign of regret for doing something evil as killing his own brother, he is the villain after all.

As for when Scar mistaking Simba for Mufasa, well, he was pretty much scare to belief that "Mufasa" was still alive even thought he did saw him dead
"I'm always willing to help you, even if you need someone to speak to"
SilverSimba01
I see good in everyone

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

"I wouldn't go down without fighting"

Nickname(s): Snowy, Radio, SS01,
Pride Points: 20

Postby KionScar » December 27th, 2016, 3:25 am

I know this thread's a bit old, but if there is even just a moment Scar shows regret it's probably here:

Obviously it doesn't last long...
KionScar

Pride Points: 10

Postby Simba_Lion » December 27th, 2016, 9:07 pm

He is just blinking in the photo, and it is after Mufasa saves the cubs
Simba_Lion

Nickname(s): Simba
Pride Points: 4

Postby KionScar » December 27th, 2016, 9:31 pm

Just leaving this here too…

Why does he go to be alone on Pride Rock after? He doesn't walk to the edge to claim himself King with a roar...
KionScar

Pride Points: 10

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion King