Just how long was Mufasa king before the events of tlk1?

Just how long was Mufasa king before the events of tlk1?

Postby Elton John » April 12th, 2016, 1:51 pm

Mufasa and Sarabi always seemed middle aged to me, if that makes any sense. I'm also going to assume they were married quite a while before the events of tlk1 just that they only managed to concieve a child lion years after.

I'm also going to assume that scar and mufasas parents died of old age and / or natural causes.

My guess with all this info is that he has been king for 2-5 lion years.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Re: Just how long was Mufasa king before the events of tlk1?

Postby Aelwen » April 12th, 2016, 4:28 pm

it depends on whether TLk lions age like humans or like real lions. I suppose Mufasa was 6-7 years old. And he was king 3-4? maybe they had cubs before but they died.
Aelwen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 1

Postby TheLionPrince » April 12th, 2016, 5:39 pm

There's no way of knowing for sure. The lions don't record or measure time in years and dates as we humans do (albeit one slight mention of minutes as said by Nala) and there's no context of what happened before the first film for us to judge from. May I remind others that "The Tale of Two Brothers" from The Lion King: Six New Adventures is a non-canon story. The only thing we guess is to use real lion facts and guess from there. Generally, lionesses are able to give birth to cubs around the age of four years and male lions reach full maturity at three years. So, personally, I would range Mufasa and Sarabi's ages around 3–5 years so to me, they are not that quite old. How long was he king before the start of The Lion King is anyone's guess.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby Squeely » July 26th, 2016, 12:08 pm

Since he seems pretty experienced, I'd think Mufasa would have held the throne for at least a couple years prior to the events of TLK, if not a little more. Assuming that none of the pride's adult lionesses were sired by him, it could stand to reason that Mufasa and Sarabi would wait until they were familiar enough with ruling and the land was plentiful enough, before attempting to have cubs.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby moonsugar33 » July 26th, 2016, 2:58 pm

Mufasa is a very, very big lion. Sarabi's face is nowhere near as young as adult Nala's. I think if they'd lived a little longer, they would have seen grandcubs.

As for how long Mufasa had actually been king- this is something I'd consult extended lore on!
moonsugar33

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 9

Return to The Lion King