Why is Adult Simba more serious?

Re: Why is Adult Simba more serious?

Postby ScarsLove » December 26th, 2015, 10:35 pm

Simba grew up and matured, simple as that. People in real life can change within the span of the year. So what makes his mannerisms and speech so surprising from transitioning from cub to adult ( putting aside his traumatic life experiences and 'Hakuna Matata' lifestyle )? Nothing. That would literally be like asking an elder raised in this generation why they no longer say "Swag, yo, dog, bro, etc". Because they realized it was stupid and quit doing it. Or like asking a pre-teen why they don't babble like a baby, drink from a bottle and play with their toes. Because people grow out of childish stuff and grow up.

You seem to be very nit-picky with these topics of yours. :eyeroll:

Image Image Image Image

Spoiler: show
ScarsLove

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

"All's well that's well for me"

Nickname(s): Wolfy, Nikki
Pride Points: 70

Re: Why is Adult Simba more serious?

Postby Heleigh » April 27th, 2019, 11:54 am

Well I think there's two reasons, as many wrote above. The general one of course is that maturing happens when you grow up. It's called life. Although hard to say how Simba's personality would have been if Mufasa was alive, but I assume a bit softer and playful, maybe having some typical teenage issues etc.

And from the story POV, Simba's innocent and happy life changed dramatically when Mufasa died. He didn't have a change to grow up normally, instead got a huge blame on his shoulders such a young age, living in a lie while heartbreaking false guilt ate his innermost which eventually turned out to be a not his fault. Naturally that changes personality. And I don't think Simba can ever get over with his father's murder completely. Yeah, he has managed to move on in his life, rule and have kids but his past in a way, hurts him forever. It can bee seen in his adulthood, how he wants to live up to Mufasa's expectations and is overprotective towards Kiara (fear of losing her like he lost his father) in SP. And in TLG when he and Kion talks to Mufasa, it can be seen how he misses his father and his wisdom.
Heleigh
In your reflection

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 1

Previous

Return to The Lion King