Just a random post about the Orchestral version of TLK...

Just a random post about the Orchestral version of TLK...

Postby Shawry111 » December 6th, 2015, 11:20 am

Oh god I am a sucker for Orchestral music... Especially one like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5uYB9T ... be&t=3m22s

Anyone else basically get the maddest chills? Oh god there is not a more beautiful soundtrack in the whole world than TLK. And I really love the fact that the bought out a Legacy collection. Makes it so much more memorable...

:) :ha:
Signature made by Julie Skywalker, thank you so much!

"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore
Shawry111
"Pinned ya again!"

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Danger? I laugh in the face of danger, ha ha ha ha

Nickname(s): Shawry
Pride Points: 4

Re: Just a random post about the Orchestral version of TLK..

Postby HereWeStand » December 6th, 2015, 1:18 pm

Honestly? The soundtrack is what makes the movie to me. Don't get me wrong, the film is brilliant, but the soundtrack is its greatest strength IMO. The variety in African music used is fantastic and gives so much more power and emotion to the scenes. Hans Zimmer did an amazing job.
HereWeStand
-

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Just a random post about the Orchestral version of TLK..

Postby Shawry111 » December 7th, 2015, 12:56 am

Yeah that's right. I think that The Lion King perfectly pin points every single emotion and setting of how the film is portrayed. The horror of The Stampede, or just how perfectly imagined and empowering it would be to climb pride rock after everything you had been through. Every single instrument plays an important part in how it all fits together. Could you imagine a Lion King film without the music? It wouldn't even be worth watching. I first discovered the Legacy Collection and downloaded it last night. And as I fell asleep listening to the rain pound down on my roof, I imagined the whole film take place in my mind. I realized something; although the music is real. The most disappointing thing that has ever happened to me is knowing that nothing else is real. Even as I right this I get the chills just imagining the beauty of the score. I don't think I have ever felt more strongly about something that is fictional in my entire life. And realizing that The Lion King is basically over just really got to me. Which makes the emotions of the orchestra all that more powerful knowing that is all I have left. If you really want to feel emotional, go to sleep listening to it all, close your eyes and experience what I see as one of if not the most beautiful things in the world.

So I discovered the nearly five minute version of He Lives In You, and I don't know if I like it better as the emotion kind of sticks strong throughout the whole thing. I think I like the really climactic ending of the normal version better. I don't know; despite the depressing parts of what I said I think that anyone and everyone should let their emotions run free. And as MikunaMatata put it:

"The Lion King is just like a collection of people's emotion! And it's so strong that it truly strikes into my heart~" -MiknuaMatata
Signature made by Julie Skywalker, thank you so much!

"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore
Shawry111
"Pinned ya again!"

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Danger? I laugh in the face of danger, ha ha ha ha

Nickname(s): Shawry
Pride Points: 4

Return to The Lion King