Hakuna Matata Is Arguably the best song.

Re: Hakuna Matata Is Arguably the best song.

Postby BrianGriffinFan » December 15th, 2015, 7:54 am

[quote="Shawry111"]Look, it is the most groovy sing alone song in the whole movie. So I guess what you can put it as is it's when Simba is at his happiest. Sure Circle Of Life and Can You Feel The Love Tonight have deeper meanings but they're nothing compared to the euphoria of Hakuna Matata. Simbas voice (Joseph Williams) is amazing at the end and it just hypes me up every time I listen to it. It's also the point in time where we see Simba change the most and you can't help but feel happy for him. I would love to hear what you guys have to say however, and if you would like to ask me some questions (around this general topic) I would love it. I feel as if all my posts go to waste. :P I guess you could post other opinions here but I would rather an agreeing insight on why you like ("Not like, LOVE" see what I did there?) Hakuna Matata and what you think it means/why you like it.

Just on a side note this may seem really weird but sometimes when I am listening to the songs I always imagine us TLK fans just sitting together singing along with each other however you may sound. Not that I know what you look like but it always makes me happy to have thought like that knowing that it is not just me. :cry: :) :lol: :evil:[/quote]

Do you know who that actually is voicing? I just found out and it shocked me.
BrianGriffinFan

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: -2

Postby Iberian » December 15th, 2015, 4:37 pm

Last edited by Iberian on October 10th, 2016, 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Iberian

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 14

Postby Squeely » December 16th, 2015, 10:50 am

Eh... For me at least, Hakuna Matata is probably the worst song. Not that it's bad by any means, but the other songs are just so beautifully composed and have this sense of epicness to them. Hakuna Matata has beautiful composition and bits of epicness too, just not as much as the other songs in my opinion. It's not a case of Hakuna Matata being bad so much as it is a case of the other songs being that good.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby Elton John » December 16th, 2015, 11:11 am

The song isn't terrible, it's objectively good it's just that every other musical number is better.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby BrianGriffinFan » December 18th, 2015, 6:11 am

[quote="Elton John"]The song isn't terrible, it's objectively good it's just that every other musical number is better.[/quote]

I don't really find any of them good. Circle of Life is OK but I'm not a big fan of the African chanting. And while Be Prepared is pretty cool looking it just falls flat musically. And taking the rest out would probably help improve the film by a long shot.
BrianGriffinFan

Postby Squeely » December 18th, 2015, 6:36 am

[quote="BrianGriffinFan"]I don't really find any of them good. Circle of Life is OK but I'm not a big fan of the African chanting. And while Be Prepared is pretty cool looking it just falls flat musically. And taking the rest out would probably help improve the film by a long shot.[/quote]
I disagree. I think the songs are fantastic :o And I think the film is better for having them in it. But I'm a musical person, so of course I love that sort of thing.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby Elton John » December 18th, 2015, 6:46 am

[quote="BrianGriffinFan"][quote="Elton John"]The song isn't terrible, it's objectively good it's just that every other musical number is better.[/quote]

I don't really find any of them good. Circle of Life is OK but I'm not a big fan of the African chanting. And while Be Prepared is pretty cool looking it just falls flat musically. And taking the rest out would probably help improve the film by a long shot.[/quote]

You don't seem to like the characters or the music.... Do you even like these movies?
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby BrianGriffinFan » December 18th, 2015, 7:47 am

[quote="Elton John"][quote="BrianGriffinFan"][quote="Elton John"]The song isn't terrible, it's objectively good it's just that every other musical number is better.[/quote]

I don't really find any of them good. Circle of Life is OK but I'm not a big fan of the African chanting. And while Be Prepared is pretty cool looking it just falls flat musically. And taking the rest out would probably help improve the film by a long shot.[/quote]

You don't seem to like the characters or the music.... Do you even like these movies?[/quote]

Are you criticizing my opinions?
BrianGriffinFan

Postby Captain Cupcake » December 18th, 2015, 8:51 am

That was more like a question.
Captain Cupcake
Hnnng...

HNNNGGGG!!!

Nickname(s): Master
Pride Points: 11

Postby BrianGriffinFan » December 18th, 2015, 8:57 am

OK, I'm sorry.

Not entirely. This is sort of a thing I've been going through which I'll be moving on from before too long.
BrianGriffinFan

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion King