Why do you love TLK?

Re: Why do you love TLK?

Postby Shadowfax » November 23rd, 2015, 4:07 pm

It's always been one of my favourite movies since I first saw it at the cinema in 1994. Growing up, we'd always play TLK games, have the toys and watch it ALOT when the VHS first came out. It was one of the few films I'd continuously watch without getting bored of it and now at the age of 27 I still watch it every 1-2 years. And as it's got such colourful characters, it's the theme for my baby too :3

I just love the story, music, characters, animation, the beautiful backgrounds and the fact it's a total classic. It's also a film my whole family will watch and enjoy.
Shadowfax
Never give up;

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

And good luck will find you.

Pride Points: 182

Postby Shawry111 » November 24th, 2015, 12:37 am

I feel I could always turn to TLK when I was upset. And the music would always make me feel great, I too cried when Mufusa died. It's hard not to.
Signature made by Julie Skywalker, thank you so much!

"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore
Shawry111
"Pinned ya again!"

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Danger? I laugh in the face of danger, ha ha ha ha

Nickname(s): Shawry
Pride Points: 4

Postby MiKuna Matata » November 24th, 2015, 12:46 am

@ShadowFax: It totally becomes a big part of your life. A movie that can be kept for 20 years in hearts. It's truly epic and classic! Music is a big reason for me, too!

@Shawry111: TLK is just like a collection of people's emotion! And it's so strong that it truly strikes into my heart~

Being a perfect collection of people's emotion, TLK is so strong that it truly strikes into my heart.
MiKuna Matata
A problem-free philosophy

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Just sing a song and let go of worries

Nickname(s): MK, Yu
Pride Points: 6

Postby Shawry111 » November 24th, 2015, 4:46 am

@Shawry111: TLK is just like a collection of people's emotion! And it's so strong that it truly strikes into my

You should set that as your profile quote! :) :P

"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore
Shawry111
"Pinned ya again!"

Postby Mufawesome » December 4th, 2015, 5:58 am

Honestly where do I start?

The story.. The uplifting story of a young hero who overcomes tragedy and guilt, with the help of his friends, to rightfully take his place in the Circle of Life.

The characters.. all with vastly different personalities that we can relate to.

The music.. Circle Of Life was just the perfect way to start up which I still believe to be the best opening sequence in film history ever. And then we have Hans Zimmer's legendary score.. I'm brought to tears every time I hear the "Mufasa's Death" score play. So powerful.

And lastly I'll never forget that nostalgic feeling I get of when I used to watch TLK all the time throughout my childhood.
Mufawesome

Nickname(s): Nate
Pride Points: 1

Postby MiKuna Matata » December 6th, 2015, 10:49 am

@Shawry111: Done it, thanks man! :lol: This is what I'm thinking when I need to explain my love with TLK to people! :D

@Mufawesome: Agree! Despite the emotional collection, personalities of all characters are truly worthy to learn. And when something connected to yourself shows up again, it truly can draw the tears out of eyes. It's such an honor to discuss the true feeling with you guys in MLK! :)

Being a perfect collection of people's emotion, TLK is so strong that it truly strikes into my heart.
MiKuna Matata

Postby Shawry111 » December 6th, 2015, 11:09 am

Did you make your signature yourself? It's very nice. :kiaraexcited: :kionsmile:

So The Lion King is your favorite series then?

Shawry111
"Pinned ya again!"

Postby MiKuna Matata » December 6th, 2015, 12:01 pm

[quote="Shawry111"]Did you make your signature yourself? It's very nice. :kiaraexcited: :kionsmile:

So The Lion King is your favorite series then?[/quote]
Yeah! I recently started to learn PhotoShop myself, and it's my first piece of work. Thanks for your compliment! :lol:
I think TLK series are my favorite one indeed. For me, a lot of movie series aren't attractive that much.:kionoops:

MiKuna Matata

Postby Squeely » December 6th, 2015, 6:57 pm

While Beauty and the Beast gives it a run for its money, TLK will always be my favorite Disney film, and favorite film of all time. It's a tale of completely epic proportions, with a rich color scheme that draws you in completely. The animation isn't just Disney's best, it's among the best in the whole world. And the score... Good lord, I don't think I even need to mention how beautiful the score is. The only thing better than the animated TLK is, in my opinion, the stage musical, with its beautiful costumes, more great songs, and expansion of Nala's character. But whether it be the original animated film or the musical, TLK remains as one of the things I love the most.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby NaiaRulez » December 7th, 2015, 10:05 am

That will sound weird, but when I was 2-3 years ago I never wanted to see movies (yup, I cried one day when my parents were going to put TLK on the DVD xD) So well, after those strange years I watched TLK when I was 5-6, and I totally fell in love with the movie. Since I was little, I always liked animals, and seeing them in a movie made me fell in love with it. I LOVED the animations, the story, the music... Everything.
Even I remember at school I was imitating Simba by roaring in the classroom xD
NaiaRulez

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Naia, Nai
Pride Points: 11

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion King