Why do you love TLK?

Re: Why do you love TLK?

Postby MiKuna Matata » November 2nd, 2015, 5:12 am

Even better~ :luau: You still keep a pure heart of child! Well, I always think if I can be more childish, I can focus on happier things in my life. :P

Being a perfect collection of people's emotion, TLK is so strong that it truly strikes into my heart.
MiKuna Matata
A problem-free philosophy

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Just sing a song and let go of worries

Nickname(s): MK, Yu
Pride Points: 6

Postby InsaneSeagull » November 17th, 2015, 1:36 pm

Hmmmm.

I love TLK because the story is so deep, being based on Hamlet. Of course, I love the general idea of turning story of Hamlet into the story of lions.

I love how Simba had to carry such a heavy burden, thinking that he was responsible for Mufasa's death
Of course, I also think that Scar's an awesome villain. And Nala is amazing too.

Not to mention that voice actors are amazing, and music!
InsaneSeagull
Asante sana!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Squash banana!

Nickname(s): Kiki, Sponge Bob
Pride Points: 105

Postby MiKuna Matata » November 22nd, 2015, 2:33 am

^Exactly! And compared with some movies recently, I still find TLK completely educational for a person's life. And frankly, I still can't meet another movie to beat this one. :lol:

Being a perfect collection of people's emotion, TLK is so strong that it truly strikes into my heart.
MiKuna Matata

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby DGFone » November 22nd, 2015, 4:09 am

As far as I can tell, it's the only movie that has ever gotten me to cry. /noshame
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby MiKuna Matata » November 22nd, 2015, 6:22 am

^ I cried as well. :wink: Just felt how amazing to cry in a movie, since I can't hardly feel touched in other movies, either.

MiKuna Matata

Postby Shawry111 » November 22nd, 2015, 6:28 am

Pretty much exactly the same as The Blue Queen but if I was to go into detail it would be very very long and I only have the mentality to do that a few times, lol. But I did say why I liked it so much in my introduction post. Ahhh good times. (although it was only a month ago)
Signature made by Julie Skywalker, thank you so much!

"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore
Shawry111
"Pinned ya again!"

Danger? I laugh in the face of danger, ha ha ha ha

Nickname(s): Shawry
Pride Points: 4

Postby MiKuna Matata » November 22nd, 2015, 6:40 am

^I can't find your introduction post. But anyway, if it's that long to type, I'm sure TLK really impressed you!XD I watched it for the 1st time this June. But it did touch my heart right away.

(And, don't be sad about your Hakuna Matata post, I think the song is wonderful!)

MiKuna Matata

Postby Shawry111 » November 23rd, 2015, 2:50 am

Haha, thanks man! Very few of us like Hakuna Matata the most be we gotta stick together!

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=46239 Here is the whole post, but here is what I primarily posted:

I posted this on a youtube video, (I've edited it to make it fit this forum) maybe this can help:

Can someone help, I think I've found some people who actually speak sense, I can't eve-, I'm here because I have a passion and I don't know if I'm "obsessed" with this film or not. It's just, the characters guys, Simba for instance, is the most lovable ball of fur ever, whether he's grown up or just a little cub, he is smart and kinda hot, (sounds weird to say that but it's true) he doesn't give up and he's so kind but also a little trouble maker. I could go on with him, and then there's Nala, so beautiful and patient and kind and once again lovable and hot, I mean woo hoo! I just literally can't get enough of this film, there's just something about it, it's so beautifully crafted and the characters and animation. Then there's the god damn music that just gives me the chills. I can't help but singing (terribly) to "I just can't wait to be king" or "Hakuna Matata", and it makes me sad we didn't get to see Simba grow up during the song. Please tell me if I'm being stupid but I love this movie so much, it just speaks to me and it would be nice to hear it from someone else that they feel the same way. I could go on for ever! Thank you sir or madam for taking your time to read this and I would love some support on this, maybe share some ideas. Thank you.

(This was taken from a Youtube video and is my work, I could go on and on, and I did before the admin removed it by accident :P, I will try to add more to this at some point :D)

EDIT: I found more:

Thanks guys for the positive feed back! :D I just finished watching the Lion King (again) and it helped me refresh my memory. It just speaks to me, responding to TheLionPrince, I want to talk to it about everything I suppose, Simba is fantastic and amazing and I think everyone can relate to him in some way, accompanying the music that fits him and the voice actors and the animation is just fantastic. JTT, Weaver, Broderick etc just did amazing jobs and so good in a way that I almost thought it was real, not just a person. Which in the end made me rather sad that I couldn't watch what happens after, like how it ends, Kiaras birth, I want to see the first days and all those fantastic memory's. Does anyone else get the maddest chills and the most amazing feeling when Simba is walking up pride rock at the end, and fills the air with that mighty roar. It just makes me feel amazing, then all the lionesses roaring along with him. And, I don't know how to explain it. And from here I would like someone to continue with whatever makes you feel happy. Simba, Nala, Rafiki, Scar, the animation, the breathtaking, amazing god damn sound track! Please someone do with a passion (a bit like me) continue about anything. Something that will make me feel good, in that "I totally agree" and "I wish it was real too" sense. If you get the swing of what I mean. I can't be the only one that had mixed tears of joy and sadness while watching this film, everything gets to me, and I become fully immersed in the world of it before I wake up and think to myself; "Just another day of School, no musicals, just annoying naive little kids who don't know the greatness that is Disney and of course the Lion King!". Yes, I'm blabbering on and please, someone continue this open discussion with deep and powerful meaning just like I have. I can't be the only one who feels this strongly.

"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore
Shawry111
"Pinned ya again!"

Postby MiKuna Matata » November 23rd, 2015, 5:34 am

[quote="Shawry111"]Haha, thanks man! Very few of us like Hakuna Matata the most be we gotta stick together!

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=46239 Here is the whole post, but here is what I primarily posted:... [/quote]
You bet! Actually, I was looking for someone or someplace to share the same expression, too! And one day, I was seeking answer of Elephant Graveyard question, and that was the 1st time I got into MLK.
Having some people discussing the same thing is a marvelous thing indeed. :D

MiKuna Matata

Postby Shawry111 » November 23rd, 2015, 11:01 am

What got it for me is that there was actually people out there who had the same messed up feelings (it felt that way anyway) I did. And as you could tell by the post I was pretty out of it at the time in dis belief that I genuinely was not the only person who felt the same way. Many of us may share different views on different things (Hakuna Matata) for example but we all essentially love TLK as much as the next person. :D Feel free to yak away. But I gotta go get some sleep for an exam tomorrow, see ya later man. :)

EDIT: I just read your actual post, and I think you summed it up very similar to me but in a less flamboyant way...

Shawry111
"Pinned ya again!"

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion King