Why do you love TLK?

Why do you love TLK?

Postby MiKuna Matata » October 7th, 2015, 1:20 pm

Well, this is my first topic. I'm not sure whether this head been discussed before or not. :?
I just joined the pride, and I've read some topics these days. I know everyone here is definitely a TLK crazy fan. But I just wonder what part of this movie makes your love and craze.
For example, I am deeply impressed by the emotion between Simba and Mufasa, Simba and Nala. And friendship between Timon, Pumbaa and Simba. And the purity of the story, which is a lot different from other Disney works.
And the god damn gorgeous music! ;)

Share yours~ :D

Being a perfect collection of people's emotion, TLK is so strong that it truly strikes into my heart.
MiKuna Matata
A problem-free philosophy

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Just sing a song and let go of worries

Nickname(s): MK, Yu
Pride Points: 6

Re: Why do you love TLK?

Postby Shanti » October 31st, 2015, 3:59 pm

Humm, I don't know really. Since I was a little girl, I think. One day i found a video of the story of taka/scar and was more interested in the movie.
I Don't speak english very well
Shanti

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s):
Pride Points: 1

Postby MiKuna Matata » October 31st, 2015, 10:26 pm

Wow! At least you remember how you met this movie earlier in your life. I'm even not sure whether I saw it when I little or not. There's a phrase in my country to describe this. And it means " Pity not to meet it earlier."

Being a perfect collection of people's emotion, TLK is so strong that it truly strikes into my heart.
MiKuna Matata

Postby Shanti » November 1st, 2015, 5:08 pm

Well, before seeing the video already knew but knew nothing about comics, etc xD (I hope you understand me, i don't know explain.)
I Don't speak english very well
Shanti

Nickname(s):
Pride Points: 1

Postby FireAndSun » November 1st, 2015, 5:34 pm

I've liked it since I was little. It's something I used to obsessively watch as a child. Nowadays, I like it because I appreciate things about it I simply couldn't at a younger age.
Last edited by FireAndSun on November 2nd, 2015, 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
FireAndSun

Pride Points: 25

Postby MiKuna Matata » November 1st, 2015, 10:36 pm

#Shanti: I think I got it. Actually, if you don't mind The Lion King Wiki has some comics (English and some other language) here: http://lionking.wikia.com/wiki/Category ... is&cb=9168 ; if you want to read some other e-books of TLK, the website Snowlands can be a choice. Here: http://snowlands.ru/en/library/cat/the- ... ntures.htm. ( I spent some time looking up the dictionary) Have fun! :D

#TheBlueQueen: Yeah, value of one thing can be different as the age grows. I'm curious, some people in this forum are 20 or older. But what about those who are under 20? That means they can't watch TLK in theaters. So, how exactly did those people know TLK, or even fell in love with? It's a interesting question for me. :?

MiKuna Matata

Postby Simbafan1889 » November 2nd, 2015, 3:47 am

Because it is my favorite movie i used to watch it alot when i was a little kid :D
Simbafan1889

Nickname(s): You can call me Cinder if you want
Pride Points: 2

Postby FireAndSun » November 2nd, 2015, 3:56 am

[quote="MiKuna Matata"]#Shanti: I think I got it. Actually, if you don't mind The Lion King Wiki has some comics (English and some other language) here: http://lionking.wikia.com/wiki/Category ... is&cb=9168 ; if you want to read some other e-books of TLK, the website Snowlands can be a choice. Here: http://snowlands.ru/en/library/cat/the- ... ntures.htm. ( I spent some time looking up the dictionary) Have fun! :D

#TheBlueQueen: Yeah, value of one thing can be different as the age grows. I'm curious, some people in this forum are 20 or older. But what about those who are under 20? That means they can't watch TLK in theaters. So, how exactly did those people know TLK, or even fell in love with? It's a interesting question for me. :?[/quote]

My family had it on DVD when I was a kid, so that's how I was exposed. Watched it rather frequently.
FireAndSun

Postby MiKuna Matata » November 2nd, 2015, 4:36 am

Gee, you guys really have good memories. Maybe I should start to practice memorizing better. :oops:

MiKuna Matata

Postby FireAndSun » November 2nd, 2015, 4:45 am

My memory is actually god awful. I just liked The Lion King a lot as a kid, so I just kinda remember how I was exposed to it. :lol:
FireAndSun

Next

Return to The Lion King