Lion King - How long would Simba be King?

Lion King - How long would Simba be King?

Postby victoriae350 » October 1st, 2015, 2:34 pm

I know no one would have a definite answer considering the creators never really revealed this to us (that or i'm living in another dimension and missing it completely) but how long would Simbas rule last? Until he dies? Until Kovu and Kiara's cub(s) is/are born? This seemed like an appropriate place to put it since i want to discuss Simba.
Fanfiction.net Account:https://www.fanfiction.net/~vicky271

"We are one, you and I. We are like the earth and sky. One family under the sun."
victoriae350

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 1

Re: Lion King - How long would Simba be King?

Postby victoriae350 » October 1st, 2015, 2:35 pm

My bad. Ignore this.
Fanfiction.net Account:https://www.fanfiction.net/~vicky271

"We are one, you and I. We are like the earth and sky. One family under the sun."
victoriae350

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Squeely » January 3rd, 2016, 2:13 pm

There's no official answer, but I would assume he'd remain king until he felt ready to retire, after having taught Kiara and Kovu all he could, so that they could succeed him. I would also assume that Simba wouldn't ever have to leave Pride Rock as long as Kovu was fine with him being there.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby JosephM4 » February 17th, 2016, 11:55 am

He will be king always and will retire from this when he think he is no eligible to do its duty with accuracy ..Because after some time he will get tyred or old and can't do this job.

I also think that in this characterise he will be not able to retire also;;
Thanks that's my opinion
JosephM4

Pride Points: 0

Postby matkiethelioness » April 10th, 2016, 4:28 am

After re-watching Simba's Pride last scene, my opinion is that Simba and Nala will continue to reign as king and queen, and Kiara and Kovu are something like princess and prince/princess' husband/next king. The Pridelands are a polyarchy until Simba dies; all four monarchs have duties and are figures of respect among all animals. That is why at the end of the movie all four lions stand at the top of the rock and roar. When Simba dies, the Pridelands go back to be a diarchy with just Kiara and Kovu as queen and king. Nala is not a queen anymore, but is still a figure of respect until her death for her past exercise of royal functions and old age(as reaching an old age seems to be a rare thing).
matkiethelioness

in-train Pridelands historian

Nickname(s): Matkie, Cande
Pride Points: 0

Postby Aelwen » April 12th, 2016, 1:19 pm

I think that he will be king until he's ready to retire and Kiara is ready to become a Queen. I suppose Simba will have to teach Kovu about duties of the king.
Kovu will take part in patrolling/leader's meetings/whatever else King should do.
I suppose in the end of SP we saw something like wedding/new heir apparent announcement so Pridelands population now knows about Kovu as not a traitor but future king.
Aelwen

Postby Simba_Lion » May 26th, 2016, 9:15 am

"It depends on me. I am king until my death but I have the option to hand over this but if I did, that would be a delation, woundn't it?"
Simba_Lion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Simba
Pride Points: 4

Return to The Lion King