The Lion king everywhere

The Lion king everywhere

Postby Milla » July 3rd, 2015, 10:39 pm

We see TLK related things everyday, and as fans if we find a notebook in the store with a picture of Simba on it we will go like "OMG They have TLK stuff in this store! :kiaraexcited: "
So, how many times do you see The lion king in the society.
As for me, last week I went to the thrift store and the theme for the toys section was a huge simba poster (Sadly no TLK toys...)
And today there was a commercial for a vacation place in Egypt and people were singing "The Lion Sleeps tonight" but with different lyrics, and at the end they said "Live a Hakuna Matata life!"
What about you? Did you see any TLK related things around?
Last edited by Milla on July 4th, 2015, 3:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
~HAKUNA MATATA~ ~HAKUNA MATATA~ ~HAKUNA MATATA~
Milla
Simba-saurus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Muna
Pride Points: 16

Re: The Lion king everywhere

Postby it means no worries » July 3rd, 2015, 10:59 pm

Here in the UK there are alot of TLKob posters in the train stations :)
it means no worries

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 63

Postby PrincessKiara » July 4th, 2015, 12:05 am

I live in Norway, and I don`t see anything TLK related around, unless you count merchandise I sometimes find in charity shops. :P (Grabbed me a SP puzzle last time, yay!)
We also don`t have a Disney Store in this country, sadly.
PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

Postby DGFone » July 4th, 2015, 3:23 am

In school I once got a person to start singing Circle of Life just by wearing a TLK shirt with the intro "lyrics" on it, a lot like this one:

Other than that, there isn't much TLK stuff where I am around, mainly because there is not much stuff of any kind around where I live, unless you count dry savanna-ish grass and farmland as suitable places to advertise things.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby KiovuLove » July 4th, 2015, 4:11 am

I see things in Hot Topic and Rue 21...then there has been a few people who come into where I work wearing TLK shirts. I found stuff at a flea market recently and FYE had the soundtrack, but nothing like out in the open or anything
But you'll see every day
That we'll never turn away
When it seems all your dreams come undone

We will stand by your side
Filled with hope and filled with pride
We are more than we are
We are one

KiovuLove

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I laugh in the face of danger!

Nickname(s): Pandi, Jess
Pride Points: 13

Postby Milla » July 4th, 2015, 8:49 pm

Today I went to Sears with my parents and they had a sunrise scene for their summer theme, I just instantly remembered this:

And I found a Lion King sculpture in a Store called Green earth. It was the last one, but I didn't buy it.
Milla
Simba-saurus

Postby Iberian » July 4th, 2015, 9:14 pm

----------------------
Last edited by Iberian on October 10th, 2016, 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Iberian

Pride Points: 14

Postby SimbaPrescott » July 5th, 2015, 3:58 pm

There's hardly ever any TLK stuff where I am, save for a book or two and the DVDs/Blu-rays.

I don't know about other parts of the UK, but where I am, Disney have taken a very firm 'Frozen for the girls, Planes/Marvel for the boys' attitude with very little other Disney movie stuff available. They do have a lot of Disney Junior stuff though, so hopefully with TLG...
Image is an Epic Mickey concept art. We could have had this in EM3. I still want it.
SimbaPrescott
I laugh in the face of danger.

He told me no one could defeat me...

Nickname(s): Kari, Simba, Prescott
Pride Points: 27

Postby Sigurd » July 7th, 2015, 12:35 am

Not so much in Sweden, unless you look in toy stores or toy sections of supermarkets. We don't have the musical here so you won't see any posters from that
Until I'm home, I'm on a distant road
Sigurd

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 14

Postby Milla » July 7th, 2015, 3:00 am

Same, we don't have the musical eathir, but a girl in my class does a mini musical everyday :p (she sings "The Circle of Life" every morning before class starts"
I found a hakuna matata tank top at Walmart, but again, I didn't buy it.
Milla
Simba-saurus

Next

Return to The Lion King