No wonder Nala was chosen as Simbas betrothed!

Re: No wonder Nala was chosen as Simbas betrothed!

Postby Elton John » August 7th, 2015, 5:08 pm

I strongly doubt it would be because she was the only other cub in the movie.

Mufasa is the king, and he has standards. Only the best for his boy.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby SimbasGuard » August 8th, 2015, 11:27 pm

[quote="Elton John"]I strongly doubt it would be because she was the only other cub in the movie.

Mufasa is the king, and he has standards. Only the best for his boy.[/quote]

Agreed, Just because Nala is the only other cub on Pride Rock, it is safe to assume that there has to be other Lion Prides in Africa. Mufasa And Sarabi could have easily looked to another Pride to find a mate for Simba, if Nala had not met all the qualifications to be betrothed to Simba.
Last edited by SimbasGuard on August 12th, 2015, 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby DGFone » August 11th, 2015, 4:45 am

Here is another thought about who else it might have been:

The lions, especially the way the Pride Lands are run, fit much more to human standards than to lion ones. It is always likely that there could have been inter-pride betrothals for political reasons much like European royalty is all interconnected due to power plays and all that.

So not only could there have been other cubs from Simba's own pride, but from other prides as well. So Nala must have really impressed Mufasa and Sarabi then...

...Or perhaps she isn't even from the Pride Lands and is indeed one of those union-through marriage things. Since we don't know who her father is... ;)
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby SimbasGuard » August 12th, 2015, 2:25 am

I know that I have mentioned this FAN THEORY of mine in other threads before, but It mirrors DGFone's theory that Nala may not have been from The Pride Lands originally.

Here is a shortened version of my FAN THEORY I always assumed that Sarafina The Queen of another Pride that was at least friends with, if not allies with The Pride Lands. Sarafina's husband was deposed and Sarafina (who was pregnant with Nala at the time) Fled to The Pride Lands for safe haven. Nala's pedigree was taken into account and she was betrothed to Simba. END OF FAN THEORY. To me this idea makes more sense than Nala simply being chosen due to her being the only available female.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Previous

Return to The Lion King