When was TLK really born??????

When was TLK really born??????

Postby gothprincesskiara » June 25th, 2015, 1:50 am

ok problem, this is getting ridiculous, and I don't know if it idiots on internet, or if its Disney being stupid and lazy and just not taking it seriously anymore, but I swear I promised my self years back that I would always remember and celebrate the day TLK was born, and by that I mean its very first day in theaters in 1994.

I even have this date on my phone for reminder but ITS STILL NOT THE RIGHT DATE APPARENTLY! :dramaqueen:

On my Facebook on June 15th, it was posted that TLK was born, by many Disney pages, and I forget which ones are accurate. :ugh:

then its the 24th, and again I see another post thats say it came out this day. :holycrap: :nukawut: :ermm: :huh6: :huh8:

BUT other days online they say it was June 15 and then its June 24th, I keep getting confused cause I swear I thought Jun 15th was correct, from other dates I saw in the past, and its hard to trust anything anymore online so what gives?

I guess what I'm really asking is WHAT IS THE TRUE DATE TLK CAME OUT IN 1994????? :puhleeez:
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Re: When was TLK really born??????

Postby HasiraKali » June 25th, 2015, 2:16 am

The limited release was June 15th in Los Angeles and New York which is where that date comes from. The wide release in the US was June 24th. Most movies consider their wide release date as their official release date. So June 24th.
We are so much more complicated than our names.
If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.
Lea Halalela Lion King Forums
HasiraKali

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Disney Dreamin'...

Nickname(s): Manda
Pride Points: 24

Postby SimbasGuard » June 25th, 2015, 3:38 am

June 24th is the day I celebrate Lion King Day, It was not the first day It came to my local theater. 8-)
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby gothprincesskiara » June 25th, 2015, 4:38 am

but what about those ultimate Quizzes, The Ultimate Lion King Quiz said it was over all June 15th and I got that answer right

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
gothprincesskiara

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Elton John » June 25th, 2015, 4:41 am

Either day is fine with me, personally every day should be 'lion king' day but i'm sure the people in congress would disagree :(
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby SimbasGuard » June 25th, 2015, 5:25 am

[quote="Elton John"]Either day is fine with me([/quote]

Elton John has a point, it depends on how technical you want to be. For me it will always be June 24th because that is the day I first had access to it. That and always thought limited releases were the same as advance screenings, to me those do not count. People at Disney or just the movie in general may have a different opinion (Or Industry insider facts that I am unaware of).

SimbasGuard

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby PrincessKiara » June 25th, 2015, 10:54 pm

I also think you can celebrate on either of those dates. :)

Personally, I always think of TLKs release in August, because that`s when it came to my country. I know that is not the official anniversary, of course, but I still consider August to be the "TLK month," haha :P
PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

Postby HasiraKali » June 26th, 2015, 1:03 am

I love how I was completely ignored. :p
We are so much more complicated than our names.
If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.
Lea Halalela Lion King Forums
HasiraKali

Disney Dreamin'...

Nickname(s): Manda
Pride Points: 24

Postby SimbasGuard » June 26th, 2015, 5:05 am

We weren't ignoring you HasiraKail, we are just trying to consider all sides of the question.

SimbasGuard

Postby gothprincesskiara » June 26th, 2015, 5:26 am

Exactly, now I realize the release date is different for may people in other states or countries 8-), so that's why the dates were driving me crazy

gothprincesskiara

Next

Return to The Lion King