The Final Battle how you've never thought of before!

The Final Battle how you've never thought of before!

Postby Adofo » April 11th, 2015, 2:33 am

Okay, I was just browsing Facebook and I saw this thing about the final fight between Simba and Scar in The Lion King. I read it and.......it really opened my eyes! It makes a lot more sense which when you think about it......you feel like somewhere in the back of your mind, you already knew this but you never dug it out of your brain until now! http://moviepilot.com/posts/2015/04/07/ ... nal,manual
Whether man or animal, everything is connected in the great circle of life, so we are all one!
Youtube Channel | My Game List | DeviantArt
Video Game Usernames: show
If you add me on any of these, PM me on MLK first so I know who you are. If you don't, I will delete it.
Adofo
Brother of Simba

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Son Of Mufasa and Sarabi

Nickname(s): Dofo, Dr. Cody, Dr. Dofo
Pride Points: 53

Re: The Final Battle how you've never thought of before!

Postby Elton John » April 11th, 2015, 3:15 am

Okay.... He says that simba never learned how to fight.... This completely ignores how Simba takes a big slice into shenzi's face as a cub. He had to learn how to do that somewhere.

And the slap that sent sarabi flying, Sarabi looked well fed... shows that scar was no weakling. I'm calling bs on this.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Adofo » April 11th, 2015, 3:25 am

Simba didn't learn how to fight in a big fight. I mean, a kid could punch someone without having their parents train them to fight.

ANd like it said, Scar may have gotten some help from the hyenas. Plus the lionesses had to give him something. So he wasn't eating the best but wasn't starving. But you have to admit, Scar clearly could have been stronger since he was so skiny. I mean, it's not a perfect theory either. But it does have some credibility
Whether man or animal, everything is connected in the great circle of life, so we are all one!
If you add me on any of these, PM me on MLK first so I know who you are. If you don't, I will delete it.
Adofo
Brother of Simba

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Son Of Mufasa and Sarabi

Postby it means no worries » April 11th, 2015, 3:29 am

I dont think he was taught to fight, the hyena swipe was just a lucky hit that the hyena wasnt expecting
it means no worries

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 63

Postby Adofo » April 11th, 2015, 3:45 am

That too. I mean, Simba extended a claw and swatted at Rafiki's staff as a newborn. If he could do that as a newborn, I think he has enough sense to do a simple swipe at someone.
Adofo
Brother of Simba

Son Of Mufasa and Sarabi

Postby Elton John » April 11th, 2015, 3:46 am

Well, even if he wasn't taught how it's not like he didn't know how.

The comparison that they made was pretty lousy. They weren't weaklings. Scar had plenty of physical strength. Simba didn't look undernourished at all. And even if someone isn't taught how to fight, with the right amount of physical strength a punch can still cause a concussion.

Fancy punches and kicks work well in movies, but in real life you're better off learning defensive techniques. The way Simba sent Scar flying off the cliff at the end with his hind feet was actually very clever with showing that striking scar wasn't the most useful way of fighting him.
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby Adofo » April 11th, 2015, 3:52 am

That was just quick thinking. ANd we aren't saying Simba OR Scar are weak. Just not as strong as they could be. I mean...look at Nala! She has much more meat on her bones than Simba in The Lion King. And by LK2, He gained some muscle since he was able to eat like a lion again.

You're looking at this too literally, Elton. They're exaggerating and being sarcastic. But what they're saying is at least partially true.
Adofo
Brother of Simba

Son Of Mufasa and Sarabi

Postby Elton John » April 11th, 2015, 3:55 am

Quick thinking? I can kind of agree to that... but I saw it more as a clever way of Simba learning from being pinned by Nala and using it in a real fight.

The 'pasty faced metrosexual teen slap fighting a starving 60 year old' comparison in that link just struck a nerve in me.
Last edited by Elton John on April 11th, 2015, 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby Adofo » April 11th, 2015, 3:58 am

That too. I'd say it's a combination. Fight or flight does a lot to someone. But do you really think Simba thought "Okay, if he tries to leap onto me, I'll kick him over me!". I'd say we're both right.
Adofo
Brother of Simba

Son Of Mufasa and Sarabi

Postby Elton John » April 11th, 2015, 4:05 am

Quick thinking and learning from past scuffles sounds like the best option.

is this meant to be a comedy article or something serious? If it was intended to be humerous then I am missing the joke. If it was meant to be serious then it's full of flawed logic.
Elton John
I’m with you

Next

Return to The Lion King