The Final Battle how you've never thought of before!

Re: The Final Battle how you've never thought of before!

Postby Adofo » April 11th, 2015, 4:06 am

A little of both.
Calm down, bro. You're taking this too seriously.
Whether man or animal, everything is connected in the great circle of life, so we are all one!
Youtube Channel | My Game List | DeviantArt
Video Game Usernames: show
If you add me on any of these, PM me on MLK first so I know who you are. If you don't, I will delete it.
Adofo
Brother of Simba

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Son Of Mufasa and Sarabi

Nickname(s): Dofo, Dr. Cody, Dr. Dofo
Pride Points: 53

Postby Elton John » April 11th, 2015, 4:14 am

Well, okay.

They're trying to make it seem like simba was some scrawny kid and scar was a frail old man. I saw it as more of a fight between rocky from the first movie before training to fight apollo creed vs sean connery post james bond pre indiana jones.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Adofo » April 11th, 2015, 4:15 am

Naw. It's puely to point out that Simba wasn't on the best diet for a lion and Scar wasn't rolling in food as a King.
Whether man or animal, everything is connected in the great circle of life, so we are all one!
If you add me on any of these, PM me on MLK first so I know who you are. If you don't, I will delete it.
Adofo
Brother of Simba

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Son Of Mufasa and Sarabi

Postby Elton John » April 11th, 2015, 4:33 am

Then I don't get what's so funny about the final confrontation. Perhaps the joke went way over my head....
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Adofo » April 11th, 2015, 4:36 am

Dude, it's the internet. I could type in the color "Blue" and if you keep scrolling you'll find dirty pics on google images.
Adofo
Brother of Simba

Son Of Mufasa and Sarabi

Postby Captain Cupcake » April 11th, 2015, 3:49 pm

[quote="Elton John"]Then I don't get what's so funny about the final confrontation. Perhaps the joke went way over my head....[/quote]

It's just a humorous observation. They're not stating that Simba and Scar should genuinely be portrayed as being far more malnourished and weaker than they should be(it's just a film after all), but that hypothetically, if they actually showed the repercussions of their lifestyles more accurately, the final battle would be a whole lot less climactic than what we actually witnessed.
Captain Cupcake
Hnnng...

HNNNGGGG!!!

Nickname(s): Master
Pride Points: 11

Postby Iberian » April 12th, 2015, 12:33 am

-----------------------
Last edited by Iberian on October 10th, 2016, 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Iberian

Pride Points: 14

Postby SimbasGuard » April 12th, 2015, 11:06 pm

[quote="Elton John"]The 'pasty faced metrosexual teen slap fighting a starving 60 year old' comparison in that link just struck a nerve in me.[/quote]

Same here. Now it has already been established that this article was written tongue in cheek.
But I think the article missed a few points:

Under Mufasa's reign, Scar is still skinny. This is not due to malnourishment, but rather that scar had a skinny body type. Scar himself admitted that with his comment about Being at the shallow end of the gene pool.

Under Scar's reign The Pride Lands were as plentiful as they were under Mufasa in the beginning. it years of poor ruling (and a drought) to turn The Pride Lands into the waste that Simba returned to. Despite food being scares in the latter part of Scar's reign, as The King Scar would have gotten The Lion's Share of whatever kills the lionesses were making. Despite what the article claims, Scar would have likely been given the most of whatever food the lionesses could get. Out of all the pride I'd say Scar was the least malnourished of the group.

As for Simba, granted he was not as big and powerful as a young adult lion his age could have been. However he was still a strong and powerful lion. Not a weakling by any standard, the fact that he grew into such an impressive lion as he did on a diet of insects. is impressive in it's own right, not something that should detract from Simba's character in any way. As for Simba's lack of formal training, that could have been a problem for Simba if was not such a strong specimen of a lion. Simba is not the first hero to rely on brawn more than brain.

Clearly Simba was indeed a strong specimen of a lion, because I doubt Nala would have encouraged him to return home a take the throne if she thought he was incapable of defeating Scar.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Previous

Return to The Lion King