Did Zazu act as a babysitter all the time?

Did Zazu act as a babysitter all the time?

Postby PrincessKiara » March 13th, 2015, 10:07 pm

I`m curious, do you think Zazu was given the task of watching/babysitting Simba very often, or only once in a while?

We all know how Sarabi says that Simba and Nala can go to the Elephant Graveyard (err, I mean the Waterhole!) as long as Zazu goes with them, to which Simba replies: "No, not Zazu!"

I`m not sure if this implies that Zazu has tried to spoil his plans before, or if Simba is simply worried that the bird`s precense will make crossing the border more difficult, not to mention hightening the possiblity of getting caught...

Zazu (unlike Timon and Pumbaa) is actually in the king`s service, he has a job and duties to perform, and I`m sure Mufasa and Sarabi wouldn`t ask him to keep an eye on their cub every single day...

What do you think?
PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

Re: Did Zazu act as a babysitter all the time?

Postby Lauren » March 13th, 2015, 10:33 pm

I always viewed Zazu being more of a legal guardian for Simba and Nala as cubs whenever they wanted to go somewhere that was far from Pride Rock and any place where they couldn't go by themselves. Obviously, a babysitter doesn't watch the same kid every single day, so I'd say he was one to Simba once a while. He'd be a minor friend to him while another time, he's a babysitter.
Lauren

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Elton John » March 13th, 2015, 10:38 pm

Like zazu said, he is the royal families majordomo.

It wasn't a term made up for the lion king. A majordomo is a steward, or caretaker for a family.

I'm assuming he did babysit when necessary.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby SimbasGuard » March 13th, 2015, 10:50 pm

I agree with Lauren and Elton John, Babysitting Simba wasn't Zazu main responsibility it was just one of them. I don't think it was a daily task.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby MeerkatOnTheMoon » December 3rd, 2020, 5:12 am

Yes, I also think that babysitting Simba is just a part of Zazu's daily duties. He works for Mufasa and so he must take on various roles, which is why Shenzi said she knew him when they were all at the elephant graveyard.
The Lion King III: Hidden Kingdom
Now available to read!
https://m.fanfiction.net/s/14288564/1/The-Lion-King-3-Hidden-Kingdom
MeerkatOnTheMoon
We need a new motto.

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Let's get going!

Nickname(s): Jules
Pride Points: 13

Return to The Lion King