TLK quotes-What did they mean when they said....?

Re: TLK quotes-What did they mean when they said....?

Postby Elton John » March 4th, 2015, 2:16 am

I always thought of it as a joke, like they are really tired and mufasa wants more sleep so he sarcastically tells sarabi that he's all yours, please let me sleep some more.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Carl » March 4th, 2015, 4:16 am

I thought it was because "everything the light touches" was Mufasa's kingdom, and therefore, after sunrise, Simba was his son because the light was touching him. Still intended jokingly, but I took it to have more meaning than just because Mufasa wanted to sleep in.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby gothprincesskiara » March 4th, 2015, 4:38 am

[u[/u]What does it mean when Banzai asked "Who you callin' "oopid-stay?!?"
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby Queen Elsa » March 4th, 2015, 4:44 am

Oopid-stay is stupid in pig latin (I think). So then Banzai was asking "Who are you calling stupid?"
Signature made by Marizzle.

I'm feeling...
ImageImageImage
Queen Elsa
You've lost everything

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Your father, your tribe, your best friend

Nickname(s): Elsa, NKL, NalaKiaraLuver, QE, QI, Bulma
Pride Points: 57

Postby Carl » March 4th, 2015, 4:46 am

Ninja'd.

Yes, Queen Elsa is right; "oopid-stay" is Pig Latin, it's "stupid." When Zazu said "Ix-nay on the oopid-stay" it meant "stop with the stupid." So, Banzai heard it and was asking who he was calling stupid.
Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby gothprincesskiara » March 4th, 2015, 5:00 am

What does "Qué pasa?" mean?

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
gothprincesskiara

Postby Queen Elsa » March 4th, 2015, 5:03 am

It means "What's up?" in Spanish. Doesn't have much meaning for the scene, though. The hyenas were just trying to find something that would sound like Mufasa, since Scar didn't like hearing his brother's name.
Signature made by Marizzle.

I'm feeling...
ImageImageImage
Queen Elsa
You've lost everything

Your father, your tribe, your best friend

Nickname(s): Elsa, NKL, NalaKiaraLuver, QE, QI, Bulma
Pride Points: 57

Postby FlipMode » March 5th, 2015, 1:31 am

[quote="DGFone"]I am guessing that it was a system that Mufasa and Sarabi set up where if Simba is having issues before sunrise, then Sarabi has to take care of it (allowing Mufasa to continue sleeping), while after sunrise, Mufasa has to deal with their son.[/quote]

Yeah. The next scene is the one on top of Pride Rock with the sun out, it wasn't Mufasa being lazy, he was literally telling Sarabi that before sunrise, she is the one who deals with Simba, they probably had some sort of system for it.

[quote="gothprincesskiara"]What does "Qué pasa?" mean?[/quote]

What's up?
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby gothprincesskiara » March 5th, 2015, 2:13 am

[quote="Flip_FTW"][quote="DGFone"]I am guessing that it was a system that Mufasa and Sarabi set up where if Simba is having issues before sunrise, then Sarabi has to take care of it (allowing Mufasa to continue sleeping), while after sunrise, Mufasa has to deal with their son.[/quote]

Yeah. The next scene is the one on top of Pride Rock with the sun out, it wasn't Mufasa being lazy, he was literally telling Sarabi that before sunrise, she is the one who deals with Simba, they probably had some sort of system for it.

[quote="gothprincesskiara"]What does "Qué pasa?" mean?[/quote]

What's up?[/quote]

Because (fact) male lions are much more lazier

gothprincesskiara

Postby Captain Cupcake » March 5th, 2015, 9:08 am

[quote="gothprincesskiara"]Because (fact) male lions are much more lazier[/quote]

Wrong. A lot of the "lazying about" the male lion does is merely just them both conserving their energy and keeping watch for any potential predators or other intruding males.

Full grown males are not as well suited for daytime hunting as the females are, and are more fit for fighting and protection(even though they do take part in those hunts sometimes, and may even do their share of the work at night). They also spend some time going on very long walks marking their territory to ward off any threats.

Their whole job is basically to keep their pride safe and sound.
Captain Cupcake
Hnnng...

HNNNGGGG!!!

Nickname(s): Master
Pride Points: 11

Previous

Return to The Lion King