Your favorite bit of animation?

Re: Your favorite bit of animation?

Postby Iberian » February 20th, 2015, 10:38 pm

-----------------------------
Last edited by Iberian on October 10th, 2016, 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Iberian

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 14

Postby Captain Cupcake » February 21st, 2015, 4:23 am

[quote="Halcyon"]3-Lebo M. is a genius. As if this sequence wans´t good enough with all the work of the animators, background artists, SFX artists, and musical artists, they decided to call Lebo and his singers to perform the chorus from the music "Lala":

We sangoma ngi velelwe [Oh, spiritual healer, I'm troubled]
We baba ngivelelwe [Oh, my father, I'm in pain]
We baba ngivelelwe [Oh, my father, I'm in pain][/quote]

Well, to be precise, they didn't utilize music "from" Lala, as Lala hadn't existed yet by then. Lala is based on that material from the movie, as well as the friendship theme we hear a few times in the film(the most prominent variant being at the very beginning of the very same track you post).

As for my favourite bits of animation, it's hard to choose a specific moment concerning the work on Scar, as the character animation for him is just consistently memorable and great every time he's on screen.

One nice little well animated moment unrelated to him would be that little segment after Simba and Nala reunite. They "formally" greet one another by headbutting, and then start circling each other, with Simba trying to playfully paw at her and such. You have these two conversing with each other like humans, but with some of the most animalistic and feline-like animation shown in the film. It makes the scene look that much more endearing.

Mufasa's ghost segment is also a pretty jaw-dropping and powerful piece of animation too.
Captain Cupcake
Hnnng...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

HNNNGGGG!!!

Nickname(s): Master
Pride Points: 11

Postby Iberian » February 21st, 2015, 1:54 pm

------------------------
Last edited by Iberian on October 10th, 2016, 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Iberian

Pride Points: 14

Postby Captain Cupcake » February 21st, 2015, 2:09 pm

Actually, the themes used during the cue for that scene are just Simba's, the Busa theme, and then Mufasa's.
The Friendship/Lala material does make an appearance soon after that, though.

It is first used during the part where Simba and Nala are walking with one another with Zazu watching them from afar. The latter half of the theme is then used much later while Simba, Timon and Pumbaa are discussing about what stars really are, and then that same half is used during the piece for Simba and Nala's reunion. Then, it plays in full right at the beginning of that track you posted after the CYFTLT segment. The choral chant that would be utilized for Lala's chorus is used only once for when Simba chases Rafiki.
Captain Cupcake
Hnnng...

HNNNGGGG!!!

Nickname(s): Master
Pride Points: 11

Previous

Return to The Lion King