Random Theories

Random Theories

Postby Adofo » January 22nd, 2015, 7:47 am

I have this theory that's been on my mind. It's about the royal family, AKA Simba, Mufasa, Ahadi etc. My theory is that there is some weird law or rule that the new King and Queen can't have cubs until the previous King and Queen die. This may sound weird but just humor me here. At the beginning of LK1, we see Simba and his parents and throughout the whole movie it is never even hinted that Mufasa's parents are still alive. And another thing, Mufasa and Sarabi are pretty mature looking when Simba is born. I mean even compared to Simba in LK2, they both are obviously older. The reason for this? They had to wait for Mufasa and Scar's parents to both die before Sarabi was allowed to get pregnant. Now there isn't too much evidence to back this theory up but think about it. In the entire Lion King series, not one grand child has ever met their grandparents. (That were King and Queen) and I haven't read all of the Lion King books like Six adventures in a while, but as far as I could find and remember, Mufasa's parents were only around when he was younger. And nowhere did it show them or imply that they were still alive at Simba's birth. And also Mufasa and Scar were the same with their grandparents. And this could even carry on with Kiara and Kovu. That they'll have to wait until Simba and Nala pass on before Kiara gets pregnant. Now like I said, I may have missed or forgotten something, or this could all be just coincidence, but my theory for explaining why Simba is never shown with his grandparents or why they didn't just recast Sarabi's voice actor(who tragically passed away not too long after LK1) for LK2. And before you point out the theory that Sarafina is the one in LK2 that says to Kiara how much she's grown, Sarafina is Nala's mother, and she was never Queen. This only applies to the royal bloodline. But anyway, that's just a small theory I had that I noticed with my Lion King knowledge. If you guys have a different theory or have more info about my theory I may have missed, leave a comment! Thanks for reading!!!

If you have any theories about LK1, say it in the comments!
Whether man or animal, everything is connected in the great circle of life, so we are all one!
Youtube Channel | My Game List | DeviantArt
Video Game Usernames: show
If you add me on any of these, PM me on MLK first so I know who you are. If you don't, I will delete it.
Adofo
Brother of Simba

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Son Of Mufasa and Sarabi

Nickname(s): Dofo, Dr. Cody, Dr. Dofo
Pride Points: 53

Re: Random Theories

Postby Lauren » February 18th, 2015, 10:40 pm

That does seem interesting to think about. Although your observations are correct when it comes to Simba never meeting his grandparents as well as Kiara never meeting Sarabi, I think that law about the preceding king and queen dying before the current king and queen's new cubs are born does seem far-fetched and a bit cruel. I guess Mufasa and Scar's parents probably died before Simba was born due to one of them having an illness and the other dying of natural causes, henceforth as to why they're not around. I haven't read the Six New Adventure books yet, but I will get to them soon (especially the one delving into Mufasa and Scar's younger years).

Not a theory, but I am fascinated into learning about the history of the royal family bloodline. I once wrote in another thread about how Lion King 1.5 should've been a prequel film that focused on Mufasa, Sarabi, and Scar instead of the one we actually got.

How was Pride Rock established as an important home for the family?
How did the Pridelands become a huge, important territory for the kingdom?
How did Mufasa's father teach him about the Great Kings of the Past?
How did Scar receive his scar?
How did Mufasa and Sarabi meet?
What kind of conflicts did the pride deal with before Simba was born?
What kind of laws were established?

I just have so many questions. It would've been so much more interesting to watch a prequel about their childhood and maybe get some of those type of questions answered (even if it was a simple answer). :)
Last edited by Lauren on February 18th, 2015, 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lauren

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Eli_Ayase » February 18th, 2015, 10:57 pm

^ To answer your "How did Scar receive his scar" is gonna be in a spoiler because in Tale of Two Brothers, he does receive it there.
ToTB: show
Take and Mufasa are in their teenage-ish years. Taka's jealous there already ofcourse. Taka had convinced a buffalo named Boma to attack Mufasa (who was helping his father). While Boma was busy with that, the other buffalo in the herd attacked Taka, leaving a scar across his face. After Boma was trapped in a ravine (as far as I remember...) . Mufasa rushed off to help his brother.

At near the end, Taka, no longer wanted to be called Taka, and told his father, Ahadi, to call him Scar from now on. (Such a drama queen...)

---
Aside of that now... I have one theory which is. Scar is Nala's father. (inb4 hate)
I mean it is possible. Lions have no boundaries.

I also have the theory of Mheetu... Because it's fun to make theories out of scrapped characters.
With Mheetu being a son of a rogue lion, after Scar finds out about it, he's enraged. The lionesses do their best to keep him away from Scar, somewhere off and away from the hyenas, but it fails, and either Scar (or the hyenas) kill Mheetu.

A sad one, yeah.
Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, makes no difference. The degree is arbitrary. The definition’s blurred. If I am to choose between one evil and another, I rather not choose at all. – Geralt of Rivia
[Facebook] | [DeviantART] | [FictionPress.com] | [FanFiction.net] | [My Tumblr.]
I come and go, don't question me.
Also I'm an weeaboo/otaku, fite me m8 1v1 irl.

If you find anything offensive of what I say. Then it's not my fault that you took it serious.
Eli_Ayase
Gwynbleidd

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Geralt of Rivia

Location: Iorveth's Forest (United Kingdom, Cambridgeshire area)
Nickname(s): Eli, Ann, Nat, Elichika, Eri, Ayase, Elise
Pride Points: 138

Postby SimbasGuard » February 19th, 2015, 12:27 am

I have never been a fan of the Idea that Scar is Nala's father, but I have a couple facts to cast doubt on that theory.

Zazu tells Simba And Nala that their betrothal is "A tradition going back generations". I know how some human monarchies work, but if inbreeding was a long standing tradition in the Pride Lands, the lions we know and love would likely have some serious genetic defects by now.

Scar will willing to let Nala die to get rid of Simba. I think even a power hungry individual would at least think twice before sacrificing their own child.

As for why Scar didn't kill Nala when he became king. I think that was more due to him knowing that the more lionesses he has the better chance he has of getting fed. Also since Scar expected his lionesses to feed the Hyenas as well he likely didn't want to waste an asset. Even though Nala was still a cub when Scar became king.

I have a FAN THEORY on who Nala's father is, and even though I have posted variations on it in other threads I'll share it here as well.

I think Sarafina was the queen of another pride, When her husband was deposed Sarafina (Who was pregnant with Nala) fled her kingdom and then joined Mufasa's Pride. Also since Nala was of Royal blood she was betrothed to Simba.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Elton John » February 19th, 2015, 1:01 am

Well in human monarchies, it isn't uncommon for a cousin to marry another cousin to keep the bloodline from thinning.

But this is a disney royal family, in which all other disney films have royal marriages between a prince or princess and someone who isn't related to the royal family.

I do like the idea that sarafina came from another pride, and nala never mentions or implies that scar or mufasa is her daddy so it's doubtful that they are. I mean mufasa IS a belevolent king so if some lioness and her newborn cub were to ask to join their pride I doubt he would say no.

Why was nalas dad never mentioned? Probably because it wasn't important to the story they were trying to tell.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby SimbasGuard » February 19th, 2015, 6:29 am

[quote="Elton John"]Why was nalas dad never mentioned? Probably because it wasn't important to the story they were trying to tell.[/quote]

You're right basically. When the decision to not include Nala's dad was made, they just hoped no one would notice.

http://lionking.wikia.com/wiki/Nala%27s_Father
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby DGFone » February 22nd, 2015, 8:11 am

I have a theory which simply states that the desert that separates the Pride Lands from the oasis jungle where Timon and Pumbaa lived is not all that big.

Lions, like all cats in general, are made far more for speed than for endurance. This is even worse in the African heat, which makes many animals.... lazy to say the least. So for Simba to be able to run across a desert, it would have to be rather small, at least the portion that needs to be crossed. Otherwise, he would simply get too tired to keep going and that's it.
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Return to The Lion King