Does Nala have a brother?

Does Nala have a brother?

Postby ScarLoyal » July 30th, 2014, 12:07 pm

Even though Mheetu was originally 'cut' from the story. Could she still have an unknown brother we don't know about? If Nala does have a brother that possibly is somewhere else with his own pride, could he have fathered Vitani and Nuka with Zira? Which could help explain the similarities with Nala and Vitani without actually having to be 'mother and daughter'.. :D

What do y'all think?
When I think of what that BRUTE did.. I get a little TENSE!
ScarLoyal
These lands belong to Scar!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

That's my Lullaby!

Nickname(s): Insane lioness, Rightful Queen, Team Outsiders!
Pride Points: 1

Re: Does Nala have a brother?

Postby Carl » July 30th, 2014, 12:37 pm

This is another speculation thread that should be in the "Beyond the Lion King" section tbh, as canonically, no, Nala can't and doesn't have a brother.

As far as theory-wise, sure, why not? It's possible, even though I don't support the theory of her brother fathering Zira's cubs.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby juhouh » August 6th, 2014, 7:22 pm

Similarities between Nala and Vitani? Specify. And no, I don't believe she had a brother. You can either think so or not, this is a fan theory without a reasonable source
Ask me - My Playlist - Steam
"Never trust the future, Never miss the past, If you live for the shining moment, The moment may just last…"
Signature by SimbasMate
juhouh
Nalaholic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Juho
Pride Points: 46

Postby it means no worries » August 11th, 2014, 1:38 am

yes. the brother is called Simba. Well, half brother If you think that there are only two adult males in the film, Mufasa and Scar. (and we know Scar's only descendants were nuka, vitani and the adopted Kovu) Therefore she MUST be Mufasa's daughter (but she doesn't have the same mother as Simba, that's why i said half siblings)
it means no worries

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 63

Postby Carl » August 11th, 2014, 1:44 pm

[quote="it means no worries"]yes. the brother is called Simba. Well, half brother If you think that there are only two adult males in the film, Mufasa and Scar. (and we know Scar's only descendants were nuka, vitani and the adopted Kovu) Therefore she MUST be Mufasa's daughter (but she doesn't have the same mother as Simba, that's why i said half siblings)[/quote]
Incorrect. There is no proof that Nuka, Vitani and Kovu are Scar's descendants adopted or otherwise. And the filmmakers have said that they didn't include a father for Nala because they didn't think it was important. There is no more evidence supporting the idea that she is Mufasa's cub than Scar's, and there is no canonical indication that she is the cub of either. Canonically, she is NOT Simba's sister. That's just a theory.
Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Postby NaiaRulez » April 12th, 2015, 2:14 pm

Instead Mheetu, I don't think Nala had any other brother (at least younger than her) Maybe she had an older brother, but I don't think so. And I believe that Mheetu was created by fans, so he hasn't got any original traits. So I think Nala hasn't got any brother.
NaiaRulez

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Naia, Nai
Pride Points: 11

Postby Carl » April 12th, 2015, 2:42 pm

[quote="TheSassyNala"]And I believe that Mheetu was created by fans[/quote]
He's a deleted character. That means he was going to be in the movie, but Disney changed their mind and cut him during production. Ergo, not created by fans. Though he is a fan favorite among the semicanon.
Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Postby NaiaRulez » April 12th, 2015, 2:57 pm

[quote="Julie Skywalker"][quote="TheSassyNala"]And I believe that Mheetu was created by fans[/quote]
He's a deleted character. That means he was going to be in the movie, but Disney changed their mind and cut him during production. Ergo, not created by fans. Though he is a fan favorite among the semicanon.[/quote]
Oh, I though he was created by fans, I just was confused :ermm: :innocent:
Well, thank you for telling me :D
NaiaRulez

Nickname(s): Naia, Nai
Pride Points: 11

Postby UncoordinatedPisces » April 12th, 2015, 3:04 pm

Canonically she doesn't have a brother, but I quite like Mheetu and all the headcanons for him.
UncoordinatedPisces
just an oddball

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I'm getting there, one clumsy step at a time

Nickname(s): Amy
Pride Points: 149

Postby Marizzle » April 13th, 2015, 3:49 pm

[quote="Amy"]Canonically she doesn't have a brother, but I quite like Mheetu and all the headcanons for him.[/quote]
This.
Personally, I really like Mheetu and I always believed he would have been a nice addition to The Lion King franchise. I honestly can imagine "Uncle Mheetu" keeping an eye on Kiara, together with Timon & Pumbaa. :lol:
Marizzle
Hope is the only thing

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Stronger than fear

Pride Points: 81

Return to The Lion King