of the three

Mufasa
40%
Scar
16%
Simba
44%

Total votes : 25

Re: Who's your favorite of the three kings?

Postby SimbasGuard » September 5th, 2014, 8:54 am

The voting was very close, he was only two votes behind the winner.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Carl » September 7th, 2014, 5:15 am

While I think Simba is a poor ruler in SP, I still have to vote for him, basically because of what was said about the others being too polarized.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Queen_Nala » September 13th, 2014, 5:07 pm

Have to be Simba as i fell in love with him. :)
Queen_Nala
Young Queen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Come cuddle with me...

Nickname(s): Nala, Little one, Young one, Young Queen, Angel
Pride Points: 2

Postby juhouh » September 13th, 2014, 6:12 pm

Mufasa... Simba and Scar were too weak
Ask me - My Playlist - Steam
"Never trust the future, Never miss the past, If you live for the shining moment, The moment may just last…"
Signature by SimbasMate
juhouh
Nalaholic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Juho
Pride Points: 46

Postby ScarHades » September 29th, 2014, 9:26 am

Mine is Simba as an adult. He's my 2nd favourite character after Rafiki.
ScarHades

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Rors
Pride Points: 3

Postby The Spirit of Life » September 30th, 2014, 1:49 am

[quote="juhouh"]Mufasa... Simba and Scar were too weak[/quote]

I don't know if Simba was weak so much as he was just young. At the time of the showdown between Simba and Scar in TLK, Simba isn't yet fully grown. He's still a young adult. In SP, we see that he has filled out considerably and is much more muscular. That being said, I do believe that full grown Simba is still no match for his father. Mufasa was just a godly lion.
The Spirit of Life
oh, oh, iyo ...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

mamela.

Pride Points: 21

Postby PrincessKiara » November 18th, 2014, 2:51 pm

Mufasa.

I have always preferred Mufasa over Simba, Mufasa is a wise and just ruler and a character you can`t help but adore.
Scar was too power hungry, brutal and selfish, he forced the lionesses to overhunt, driving the herds from the Pridelands. He wasn`t a good king, but obviously, being the villain of the film, he was never meant to rule well.
Simba never got the proper training, he barely learnt that we would become king one day before his father was killed and Simba ran into exile. It`s only natural that he would never become the great king Mufasa once was, try as he might..
PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

Postby Lauren » June 7th, 2015, 12:36 am

[quote="TheLionPrince"]Simba is my favorite king of the three because he has positive and negative qualities of a king that makes him more human. Mufasa and Scar are so polarized into being good and evil that we are never given to see any character growth from them. Mufasa and Scar don't acknowledge their mistakes, and have a moment of change that Simba does towards the end of Simba's Pride. While Simba was unfair in his judgment of Kovu, we, as the audience, are hinted that his decision is based on his hatred of Scar, which he has passed on to his chosen successor. I can understand why Mufasa is rated highly since we are seeing him as an idealized king from Simba's point-of-view that we don't explore any negative traits of his leadership. For Simba, we do, and because he learns from his mistakes, he grows as a leader because of it.[/quote]
I would have to agree with this.

We glorify Simba at the end of the first film for all the accomplishments he made in order to restore peace into the Pridelands again after Scar's reign, but in the second film, we realize that not all of his problems magically "go away". Even heroes sometimes make mistakes in the future, in which that balance of all the rights and wrongs of Simba's kingship helps to make him a much more realistic character. That's why I disagree with the fact of him being out-of-character in SP. It makes sense that he would never be the kind of king Mufasa was since he wasn't able to receive the training he was going to need as he started to grow up if his father never died.

I do love Mufasa both as a character and as a king very much because he has great wisdom and knows how to properly rule his homeland with much care. I love how he serves as Simba's spiritual guidance as he grows up and he definitely makes a powerful impact on his son. However, it's more interesting to see a king who struggles since we want him to find a way to solve the problems he faces.
Lauren

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby it means no worries » June 7th, 2015, 8:19 am

^i agree
it means no worries

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 63

Previous

Return to The Lion King