13%
Can you feel the love tonight
16%
Hakuna Matata
72%

Total votes : 32

Re: Most annoying song?

Postby Elton John » October 15th, 2016, 11:54 am

I just listened to it again. Not even samuel e wright could save the musical version, and under the sea/kiss the girl are some of my favorite non-tlk disney songs.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby moonsugar33 » October 28th, 2016, 4:57 am

Yeah, I vote for Morning Report.
moonsugar33

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 9

Postby Squeely » November 9th, 2016, 1:23 pm

I don't think Morning Report is that bad in the musical. Everyone gets a song in the musical, so it feels pretty natural there. And I, for one, like it as a song. Granted I wouldn't put it in my top 10 TLK songs, but still, in my opinion it's harmless and not that bad.

But in the 2004 DVD, it's very "eh". Simba sounds too high-pitched which really clashes with Just Can't Wait to be King. I know the original singer had grown up to much to reuse him, but I feel they could have done a better job at finding a voice that somewhat matched.

Also, "Morning Report" is a baffling choice to add to the DVD altogether. If they were going to animate a song from the musical and add it in, I don't know why they chose this one over Endless Night, Shadowland, or They Live in You. Those songs would have added some character depth. Morning Report adds nothing.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby GoodGrief » January 1st, 2017, 1:27 pm

Out of those three, definitely Hakuna Matata - not sure what it is about it, I just get fed up with it :P
I'm feeling...
ImageImageImage
Buttons by Carl!
GoodGrief
Whistling the meldoy

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): GG, Olly
Pride Points: 0

Postby Justmeonhere » January 2nd, 2017, 4:45 pm

These are strange options. I agree that Morning Report clash in the movie and it's not better than these three song. I vote I can't just wait to be king. Can you feel the love tonight is a beautiful song and the end credit version is even better. Hakuna Matata is not only a funny song but it's necessary to the plot. It's important for a psichological level too. After the death of Mufasa, this song ease the audience too from the tragedy of his death. For a moment the audience forgets with Simba the Pridelands and only when we see the effects of Scar's dominance we rember everything. ICJTBK is a funny song but it doesn't have this important role.
"And your defect is a propensity to hate everybody."
"And yours," he replied with a smile, "is willfully to misunderstand them."
Pride and Prejudice Chapter 11
"Sir, you are no gentleman"
"And you, miss, are no lady... Don't think that I hold that against you. Ladies have never held any charm for me."
Scarlett and Rhett in Gone with the wind
Justmeonhere

May the Austen be with you!

Pride Points: 2

Postby Alexterri1 » January 14th, 2017, 2:25 am

Easily Hakuna Matata. Not only am I not a huge fan of the song itself, but I feel like the song kinda clashes with the message of the film
What is the difference between a cat and a comma? One has claws at the end of its paws, and the other is a pause at the end of a clause :D
Alexterri1
Queen of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are One

Nickname(s): Alex
Pride Points: 6

Postby WildSimba » January 14th, 2017, 2:59 am

The worst song in TLK is factually Hakuna Matata. Just saying. ALL OTHER OPINIONS ARE INVALID.

(Just kidding, but seriously Hakuna Matata really does clash with the tone and message of the film.)
"There are you, you drive like a demon from station to station," - David Bowie
WildSimba
Fan the Flames

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Ain't it Funny how it happens

Nickname(s): WS, David
Telegram: Ask me through PM
Pride Points: 122

Postby LeonKFox » June 20th, 2017, 2:12 pm

I would say Morning Report, but it was never in the theatrical release and isn't even included in the Diamond Edition so it's basically non canon and exclusive to specific home media releases, so to me it doesn't count.

Of the theatrical songs? I'd probably have to say I Just Can't Wait to be King. It's catchy and far from a bad song, but it is basically Simba inadvertently singing about how excited he is for his father to die.

Hakuna Matata was important to the plot and a necessary pick me up for both Simba and the audience after Mufasa's death.
LeonKFox

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 1

Postby Solar » June 21st, 2017, 8:11 am

I really like all the songs in TLK a lot. I don't really like the film version of Can You Feel The Love Tonight, because Elton's version is just so much better and would have fit more, but that's just a nitpick. But I love Hakuna Matata and I Just Can't Wait To Be King! :smilekion:
Solar
He Lives In You

He Lives In Me

Nickname(s): Solar, Molly
Pride Points: 4

Previous

Return to The Lion King