What makes The Lion King so special to you?

What makes The Lion King so special to you?

Postby SimbaTheShiningStar » March 15th, 2014, 1:05 am

For me it's the messages of courage, loyalty and family, and how it inspires us to remember our identity and to not let tough times override you. Also the relationship between Mufasa and Simba reminds me of the bond I have with my best friend who is like my second mum and mentor figure, she supports, encourages and guides me in the same way Mufasa does with Simba. <3 :hug3:
"The past can hurt. But the way I see it, you can either run from it...or, learn from it."
SimbaTheShiningStar

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

'We Are One'

Nickname(s): Vicki
Pride Points: 3

Re: What makes The Lion King so special to you?

Postby camwhyy » March 15th, 2014, 1:44 am

camwhyy
Pride Hunter

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Remember who you are!

Nickname(s): Cam, camwhyy, Simba
Pride Points: 2

Postby KiarasBiggestFan » March 15th, 2014, 4:43 pm

I just love it. The characters, plot and songs are great. It's part of my childhood too. I only recall watching The Lion King once as a young child, but I used ot watch Disney's Timon and Pumbaa all the time. Simba's Pride became my favorite movie a year or two ago and I actually like it more the first. But both movies give me a good feeling inside. The Lion King 1 1\2 was actually really good. I remembered it the most because I loved Timon and Pumbaa so much and I was in first grade.
KiarasBiggestFan
I am the ninja

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are one

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 3

Postby Ninaroja » March 16th, 2014, 1:46 pm

I guess besides the obvious brilliant cinematic qualities, for me it has been something that has always stayed the same during what has been a dynamic and sometimes turbulent life. I returned to TLK when I was fifteen after some four and a half years of having nothing to do with it and it was just as brilliant and magical as it had been before, even though my life and views of myself had changed a lot. When times have been hard in the last few years, TLK was always a great way to calm down and just forget about everything that was going wrong for a little while, even if it was only for 5 or 10 minutes at a time.

There is no other movie that makes me feel as good as TLK does. Some come close , but TLK is definitely the most special. In a way it is what ties my childhood and adolescence together, and I'm positive it will be the same for when I eventually become an adult (that's not very long away :O )

When I was aged 2-10 I loved TLK for the story, music and characters. Now, aged nearly 18, I love it not only for those things but also because now I'm able to appreciate it on a more emotional level: love, loss, overcoming the odds, facing up to your fears and responsibilities, letting go of the past... there's genuinely so much that adults can relate back to their own lives, way more than for any other Disney movie, in my opinion.
Signature Graphic made by Simbasmate! Thanks a ton :cheese:

Fanfiction Q&A Tumblr
Ninaroja
Nee-nyah Row-hah (AKA KULCY)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Simba is Love. Simba is Life.

Nickname(s): Kulcy, Lucy, Nina, Juicy, MLK Drama Detective ;)
Pride Points: 82

Postby MooLion » March 19th, 2014, 5:54 pm

The nostalgic feels it gives me. I spilt my box of Smarties at the beginning of the cinema showing. :lol: And was panicking to my old friend's mum in the car that we were going to be late. These little things one remembers... But yes, anywaaay, it was 1994 - 20 years ago! - so those early '90s years have become pretty nostalgic to me in general, so a lot from that time has a special meaning for me. Memoriessss. TLK I got obsessed with, and it endured for years. How much I cared for that film then, it sticks with me, so that's probably the main reasoning for its being 'special' to me. Obviously the animation, the story, character designs, music, the emotions - the sense of sorrow, magic, wisdom, joy, whatever - all added together sooo worked for me - and it stays as impressive now for these things.

I didn't explain that very well. Wafflewaffle. :D
~Banner by Amy!~
"Your mother on the other hand, I admired her. She wanted to have me executed... but I admired her." ~ Tyrion
MooLion
You poisoned the moonlight

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

When you put out the sun

Nickname(s): Moo
Pride Points: 15

Postby Animal of the Wild » April 29th, 2014, 5:52 am

Two words: wild animals.

God, the entire cast is just so intriguing to me.

That's what makes some other Disney movies like Bambi very redeemable in my opinion.
Animal of the Wild

Pride Points: -18

Return to The Lion King