What do you think Scar/Taka was like in his childhood?

What do you think Scar/Taka was like in his childhood?

Postby Todd23 » February 12th, 2014, 1:53 pm

A lot of people seem to think he was mistreated during his childhood which led him to become the way he was as an adult-they also like to write fanfics where he's a nice little boy who gets corrupted and becomes evil. And also, vice versa, their are fanfics where he has a heel face turn where he becomes a really nice guy (ever read Scar the Unsung Hero?). What do you think he was like as a cub?

To be fair, while I'm sure he was mistreated somewhat and probably wasn't Stewie Griffin the lion as a cub (as in he wasn't an evil little kid when he was a cub), he probably did have somewhat of an ego and was probably a bit of a brat as a cub-he probably just never really overcame that, just getting more bitter and evil as he got older. The mistreatment, if he had any, probably didn't help.

What do you think?
Todd23

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 2

Re: What do you think Scar/Taka was like in his childhood?

Postby Eli_Ayase » February 12th, 2014, 3:22 pm

Personally, I think he wasn't a brat as a cub, but a normal happy little cub with his brother. So in my POV's here you go:

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Taka and Muffy got along well with each other, didn't have hate between, just a normal brother and brother relationship. But once Ahadi had decided Muffy to be the future king, and told to them both, where Taka's dreams broke deep down inside. I mean who wouldn't. And since then, his father spent more and more time with Muffy only, where Taka doesn't get the love he needs (exception of Uru being the one that actually cared for him).

Eventually when Uru passed away, he had nobody anymore (Ahadi still didn't care much), but the hyenas. Where he probably grew up to be evil. And eventually received a scar from a buffalo (in TLK6NA). And went over-dramatic like he is to be called Scar.

So in short, I believe he was a good and sweet cub till the point of having his dreams broken, just like a normal human boy who likes play fights and what not.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

it could also be a possibility he was a brat because his parents named him Garbage, which Taka means in swahili LOL
Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, makes no difference. The degree is arbitrary. The definition’s blurred. If I am to choose between one evil and another, I rather not choose at all. – Geralt of Rivia
[Facebook] | [DeviantART] | [FictionPress.com] | [FanFiction.net] | [My Tumblr.]
I come and go, don't question me.
Also I'm an weeaboo/otaku, fite me m8 1v1 irl.

If you find anything offensive of what I say. Then it's not my fault that you took it serious.
Eli_Ayase
Gwynbleidd

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Geralt of Rivia

Location: Iorveth's Forest (United Kingdom, Cambridgeshire area)
Nickname(s): Eli, Ann, Nat, Elichika, Eri, Ayase, Elise
Pride Points: 138

Postby Stalinator » February 17th, 2014, 10:20 am

Probably rude, arrogant and greedy. He betrayed his people in a false revolution.
Workers of the world, unite!
Stalinator

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Postby Remorazz » February 17th, 2014, 11:07 pm

Rilliane took the words out of my mouth.
Thank You SophieCub: show
Remorazz

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Remo
Pride Points: 3

Postby Carl » March 5th, 2014, 5:00 am

I feel like as a cub Taka was probably pretty carefree and happy like Simba and Nala were as cubs, and like Kiara, Kovu, and Vitani were as cubs in the second movie. I think as he grew up, Taka began to think about things more and became bitter that he was somehow viewed as "lesser" than Mufasa for having been born second. It's typical with kids all the time. It doesn't have to be true that people viewed him as less, just the honour of king that was being bestowed on Mufasa, and the time spent preparing him for it, would have given an adolescent that illusion. Scar probably had a rebellious teenager phase that never ended because it wasn't handled properly, or because he was too difficult or had some mental issues, but for whatever reason, he didn't grow out of his angsty jealousy and bitterness, and thus we have the Scar we see in the movies.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby KiarasBiggestFan » March 7th, 2014, 1:33 am

He was probably a good cub until he learned Mufasa would be king and got jealous.
KiarasBiggestFan
I am the ninja

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are one

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 3

Postby MooLion » March 19th, 2014, 6:16 pm

I think he was probably somewhat of a li'l b*gger as a cub. Probably initially a happy seeming young cub, this may not have lasted all cubhood and he may've started to play up a bit. If anyone knows a bit about Kaiser Wilhelm, he sort of got angry about things from an early age, though he was not mistreated aside from some attempted rather humiliating corrections of his arm and shoulders (sorry, I'm not an expert on this but I did watch a documentary recently and it happened to inspire me just now!). He seemed to not care much for those around him, even his English mother, and got a bit more unpleasant with power... Anyway, what I'm getting at is Scar might always have had that little streak in him, so there needn't have been any turning event to make him the more unpleasant character he was. Maybe it was as late as when Simba took his place as next in line that the final piece fit into place of his turning to eviller ways. A little natural jealousy of his bigger brother was always brewing, and his attitude may not have helped his rapport with others. This, in turn, closing him in a bit more and lead him to where he would eventually find the hyenas that perhaps he felt a little akin too, and then realised he had some natural power over them as the larger carnivore ("here's where I'll unleash the superiority and power I know I have!").

Again I've not put this into the best words. Ideas kept brewing as I wrote. :P
~Banner by Amy!~
"Your mother on the other hand, I admired her. She wanted to have me executed... but I admired her." ~ Tyrion
MooLion
You poisoned the moonlight

When you put out the sun

Nickname(s): Moo
Pride Points: 15

Postby Kiburi » March 19th, 2014, 11:47 pm

Not sure that this is entirely true. ^^

I don't think that Scar ever had bad intentions from the start, as a cub. I think that all was fine until he found out that he would not be king. From there, I think that greed got the best of him and he transformed into the evil personality that we know him for.
Kiburi
A waffle is like

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

A pancake with a syrup trap

Nickname(s): Kib, Kibbles, Kibbles n' Bits
Pride Points: 28

Postby DGFone » March 20th, 2014, 1:45 am

I would think that at least initially, and far enough into his life, Scar was not the lonely outcast that he is in The Lion King. Strictly speaking, if Mufasa's father really was such a great king that Mufasa makes him out to be, then the Scar from the movie would have been removed from a position where he can cause trouble - most likely flat out exiled.

Therefore I think that as a young lion, Scar was rather nice, only "fouling" up later in life, very likely after Mufasa became king.

I might be a minority, but I don't think that Ahadi was abusive towards Scar as a cub. It's a very popular fan theory, but it is one that I don't buy.
Last edited by DGFone on March 21st, 2014, 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby MooLion » March 20th, 2014, 2:20 pm

[quote="Kiburi"]Not sure that this is entirely true. ^^[/quote]

I agree - and it may not be true at all. This is just a topic of our thoughts, after all. ;)

[quote]I might be a minority, but I don't think that Mohatu was abusive towards Scar as a cub. It's a very popular fan theory, but it is one that I don't buy.[/quote]

Is that his dad? I'm not really up with these things. If so, I'd also agree that I doubt he would've been abusive to Scar. From what I've gaged of that lion line and how Mufasa was, that behaviour doesn't seem to fit.
~Banner by Amy!~
"Your mother on the other hand, I admired her. She wanted to have me executed... but I admired her." ~ Tyrion
MooLion
You poisoned the moonlight

When you put out the sun

Nickname(s): Moo
Pride Points: 15

Next

Return to The Lion King