Offscreen moments of LK you'd still like to see

Offscreen moments of LK you'd still like to see

Postby EdtheHyena » February 5th, 2014, 6:55 am

I know the midquel gave us some moments that were offscreen in the original movie, which was nice. But there were a lot of moments originally offscreen in LK 1 that I didn't get shown that I would liked to have seen.

Namely, more of Scar's rule as king and where the hyenas went after they ate Scar.

"Don't lose you're way...with each passing day...you've come so far, don't throw it away."
EdtheHyena

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Eddie
Pride Points: 3

Re: Offscreen moments of LK you'd still like to see

Postby TheLionPrince » February 5th, 2014, 9:11 pm

Yeah, Scar's rule is a big one. Even though the sequel characters weren't thought up until years after the first film was released, it would have been nice to see Scar naming Kovu as his successor, and where Zira and the future Outsiders were during the first film's climax.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby Shadowfax » February 5th, 2014, 9:29 pm

Like TLP it would have been awesome to have seen more of Scars reign. I like the darker stuff in movies, so it would have been cool to have seen more of that. I think that's the reason I loved Savu's comic as it pretty much filled in the gaps as it were in regards to Scars reign.

Would have been nice to see more of Nala and Sarabi too. Like in the musical when Scar tried to make Nala his queen etc and Nala's journey to find Simba again.
Shadowfax
Never give up;

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

And good luck will find you.

Pride Points: 182

Postby EdtheHyena » February 5th, 2014, 9:53 pm

Yeah...for me it's basically everything we didn't see with Shenzi, Banzai, and Ed. I think Disney should make a version of LK from their POV. I think it would be really great.

"Don't lose you're way...with each passing day...you've come so far, don't throw it away."
EdtheHyena

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MooLion » February 5th, 2014, 11:36 pm

Yeah, showing more of Scar's rule is the thing that really pops out at me first. How it gradually went more and more downhill and all that. I'll give it a think if there's anything else.
~Banner by Amy!~
"Your mother on the other hand, I admired her. She wanted to have me executed... but I admired her." ~ Tyrion
MooLion
You poisoned the moonlight

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

When you put out the sun

Nickname(s): Moo
Pride Points: 15

Postby EdtheHyena » February 6th, 2014, 1:52 am

Yes, the scene back in Pridelands is one of my favorites because it at least shows his reign and the effects of it, gives Zazu some screen time, prevents the second half (until Simba's return) from being incredibly slow-paced, and is a great scene for my hyena three.

EdtheHyena

Postby InsaneSeagull » February 6th, 2014, 9:03 pm

Definitely more Scar's reign. The first movie misses it so bad... it would give much better insight to the state characters were in, plus (as Shadow said) I always loved dark parts in movies.

Apart from that, I wish we saw more of Sarafina. She definitely deserved more than one sentence in the whole movie. Maybe some more of her and Nala's relationship? Same would be nice with Sarabi and Simba.

And more hyenas. More of their relationship with Scar, and everything. And, yes, seeing what happened to them later would indeed be nice.
InsaneSeagull
Asante sana!

Squash banana!

Nickname(s): Kiki, Sponge Bob
Pride Points: 105

Postby KingCub » February 7th, 2014, 7:01 am

As with everybody else, I would love to see more of Scars leadership over PR, and how he managed to royally mess it up so bad. More about how he treated the remaining lioness's, and dhow he managed to move in all the Hyenas without too much backlash from the already existing pride there.

And I would also like to see more of the cubs. How they grew up, and how more of the family life took place. It would have been interesting to see all of the things that Cub Simba got into back then, kinda like the comics display now a days.
You are what you love, not who loves you.
Thanks Regulus for the lovely siggy!
Other Things~
Spoiler: show

Thank you Kib and SimbasMate!

Photography | Ask Me Stuff | Facebook | My Computer
KingCub

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): KC, Ty
Pride Points: 28

Postby KiarasBiggestFan » February 9th, 2014, 5:13 pm

Scar's reign for sure and even though Simba's Pride was made 4 years later, I'd like to see him have interaction with Zira.
KiarasBiggestFan
I am the ninja

We are one

Nickname(s): Kiara

Postby DGFone » February 10th, 2014, 5:27 am

There was a scene in the Broadway musical of The Lion King that I think would really be nice to see in the movie:

Simba is having his usual fun and games that leads to Timon getting stuck off a waterfall (A lot like in TLK 3), but as Simba tries to go and help his friend, the waterfall and Timon hanging off a small tree branch remind him too much of the stampede, and Simba has what is sometimes referred to as a "heroic blue screen of death". I think this is a great scene that could have gone into the movie, without having to spoil anything, as well as telling the audience that while Hakuna Matata helps, it is not enough.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Next

Return to The Lion King