Is Zazu a completly worthless character?

Re: Is Zazu a completly worthless character?

Postby Perrys Girlfriend » April 25th, 2014, 6:46 pm

I respect everyone's feelings about Zazu, but as my name implies, I really love Zazu! I mean there would be no...
1. 'I Just Can't Wait to be King'
2. Simba and Nala would be dead
3. No 'Morning Report'
4. No fourth-wall breakers on Broadway

Without Zazu the movie plot would just...quiver. So, no. I do not feel like Zazu is a worthless character.
I forever remember my grandfather, Scott, who died on August 10, 2015 at the age of 60. R.I.P
Perrys Girlfriend
Robert Muldoon

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

He saved lives by giving his

Nickname(s): Sam, Samie, Sammi Jo, JP candy warden :D
Pride Points: 19

Postby NeverLander22 » April 27th, 2014, 9:07 pm

Zazu has such a big role in the movie as a guide! Even though most people disagree, Zazu saved Simba and Nala, gave them the motivation to be adventurous and was a large character in the movie. He's got a bit of dry humor too! :P
NeverLander22
Live today as it's your last

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Happy to write!

Nickname(s): Ki, NeverLander
Pride Points: 0

Postby MeerkatOnTheMoon » October 15th, 2019, 7:26 am

I agree that Zazu is integral to the plot. He's quite underrated. The way I see it, every non-lion character serves a purpose in the story. No matter how big or small their contribution is, they've got something to offer, even if it's their kindness and loyalty, and I value their presence in "The Lion King" universe.
The Lion King III: Hidden Kingdom
Now available to read!
https://m.fanfiction.net/s/14288564/1/The-Lion-King-3-Hidden-Kingdom
MeerkatOnTheMoon
We need a new motto.

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Let's get going!

Nickname(s): Jules
Pride Points: 13

Postby Outsider218 » November 13th, 2019, 10:20 pm

I don't mind Zazu. I really don't like Rafiki though. He annoys the heck out of me!! No offense.
Outsider218
Life's Not Fair, is it?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Postby SimbasGuard » November 17th, 2019, 10:22 am

Zazu was given some major development in "The Lion Guard" The Episode "The Morning Report" He would have willingly sacrificed himself to save Kion (when the latter was a baby) and came to Fuli's aid when she was in dire straits in battle. He would have been killed doing so if not for Kion.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Timon the great » August 28th, 2020, 5:45 am

I saw that I had made an earlier post in here years back. But my view on Zazu has changed since then. He's definitely not a bad person, but just likes to behave in his own little way. Plus, his first film design as a hornbill character isn't really bad at all. So I like him as a 2D film character more now. And after seeing more of how he's really like in IJCWTBK, you know you yourself has grown up when you side with what he tries to teach cub Simba and Nala about respect and responsibility in that song, that you begin to feel a bit for him. While it is still funny though, Zazu's really only trying to help them understand more about living life.

So I mean, you can't blame the bird (despite his small and weak physical form) for trying to be a good adult role model and friend to Simba while really getting to know each other in the process for truly caring reasons, and not necessarily because Zazu knew Simba was next in line to become king. Why else would Zazu say in the song (and even with emphasizing body language using the "hands" of his wings even though he seems to easily get frustrated):

"I think it's time that you and I, arranged a heart-to-heart!" :omg6:
"I found a place that was beyond my wildest dreams. But..., it still wasn't home." - Timon; Lion King 1 1/2 (3)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Timon L. Berkowitz

Pride Points: 29

Previous

Return to The Lion King