Shenzi, Banzai & Ed---alive or...no, no, no...

I can't believe this is a question

alive
63%
*dead*
38%

Total votes : 8

Shenzi, Banzai & Ed---alive or...no, no, no...

Postby Animal of the Wild » November 12th, 2013, 6:19 pm

It's really scary to think that they could be anything other than alive after the first movie, but tragically, nearly 20 years later, we still don't have any official confirmation.

The 1995 TV series seemed to confirm it, but most people just see it as a joke, and sadly, it's hard to use as true evidence. Movie 2 was even worse, not including them at all, and giving just a passing line that "the hyenas ran off", with nothing about our belov3ed trio in particular. Worse still, while they were included in movie 3, they were not shown after they fell down the hole :(

Disney has had ample opportunity to show they survived, but they haven't used it. Most fans assume they did, but some have assume the unthinkable.

What I want for Christmas is some confirmation---REAL confirmation--- that they are alive. I mean, couldn't they have at least had a post credits scene in the original, or a scene after the battle in LK 1/2? Or a cameo in movie 2???

I hope they made it out ok. If they didn't...*sob*
Animal of the Wild

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: -18

Re: Shenzi, Banzai & Ed---alive or...no, no, no...

Postby KentuckyWildcat » November 12th, 2013, 6:22 pm

Did we really need another thread about this? The other one asking the exact same question was active as recently as yesterday.
Come death. Come suffering. I will not live in fear. In this fleeting life where time escapes us, the path of least resistance is a slow quiet death. I'd rather burn out than fade away.
KentuckyWildcat
Mother don't you cry

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Hell don't need me

Pride Points: 7

Postby Animal of the Wild » November 12th, 2013, 6:27 pm

As you can see, not knowing if they're alive or not is VERY distressing to me.
Animal of the Wild

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby juhouh » November 12th, 2013, 6:31 pm

We don't know either. But Nuka said they did leave Pridelands and The Elephants' Graveyard

There's no better info available
Ask me - My Playlist - Steam
"Never trust the future, Never miss the past, If you live for the shining moment, The moment may just last…"
Signature by SimbasMate
juhouh
Nalaholic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Juho
Pride Points: 46

Postby Animal of the Wild » November 12th, 2013, 7:35 pm

Why??? Why can't we consider the series to be proof???

This is so bad. :(

This is why we need another LK. To confirm they're not gone...
Animal of the Wild

Postby UncoordinatedPisces » November 12th, 2013, 7:48 pm

Where is the "I don't care" option?
UncoordinatedPisces
just an oddball

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I'm getting there, one clumsy step at a time

Nickname(s): Amy
Pride Points: 149

Postby Animal of the Wild » November 12th, 2013, 8:13 pm

Because I would think everybody would care...

...when it's unclear if someone is dead or not, doesn't it matter?
Animal of the Wild

Postby UncoordinatedPisces » November 12th, 2013, 8:16 pm

Some people don't care enough about the hyenas for it to matter, like myself.
UncoordinatedPisces
just an oddball

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I'm getting there, one clumsy step at a time

Nickname(s): Amy
Pride Points: 149

Postby Animal of the Wild » November 12th, 2013, 8:24 pm

Wow, that's hard.

But I care about them. And I think they deserved to live.

Seriously? Who voted for *dead*????
Animal of the Wild

Postby Todd23 » November 13th, 2013, 1:35 am

Dude, you have to relax-remember, it's just a cartoon...Not that there's anything wrong with caring about characters from an animated movie, but to freak out this much about the fate of a trio that isn't even real and came from a movie that's almost 20 years old is a little silly...

Plus, there have been many fictional characters whose fates have been made unclear: why just freak out about these three?
Todd23

Pride Points: 2

Next

Return to The Lion King