Why was Mufasa angry with Zazu?

Re: Why was Mufasa so mean to Zazu?

Postby PrincessKiara » December 13th, 2013, 10:28 pm

Zazu did try to convince Simba to go back home.. there wasn`t anything he could have done to keep the cubs out of trouble. They were able to outwit and espace him, he couldn`t physically hold them back or carry/fly them back.. the one thing he didn`t do, which he defintily should have done, was to fly back and warn Mufasa or someone else in the pride so they could come and get the cubs. I guess he considered the best course of action was following the cubs and trying to talk them into going back once he found them. (Also he couldn`t know they were going to the Elephant Graveyard, so he wanted to stay with them rather than turn back for help and leave them all alone) Zazu was defenseless against the hyenas, I actually feel sorry for him. I don`t think he can be blamed entirely for Simbas misadventure, the cub made his own choice. Plus, if Sarabi (who was obviously sensing her son being up to no good) had asked a lioness to accompany the cubs rather than a little bird, she could have likely prevented the whole thing.

I understand Mufasa being angry at Zazu because Simba and Nala were in Zazus care when they ran away. I do however think that Mufasas anger was mainly at Simba for disobeying, and this anger got directed at Zazu at first. I have nothing against Zazu as a character, I find him quite enjoyable. :)
I think the one time Mufasa was mean to Zazu was when he allowed Simba to pounce on him. That was not cool, Mufasa. :x
PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

Previous

Return to The Lion King