"Good Luck"?

"Good Luck"?

Postby Animal of the Wild » October 26th, 2013, 9:02 pm

Well, this was another bogus topic I made. I'm sorry.
Last edited by Animal of the Wild on March 31st, 2014, 6:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
Animal of the Wild

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: -18

Re: "Good Luck"?

Postby juhouh » October 26th, 2013, 9:06 pm

Zazu didn't EVER hate Simba but Simba did hate Zazu

He said "Good luck" because of he was probably going to get punished. Why do you think they would have ended up to fight lol?
Ask me - My Playlist - Steam
"Never trust the future, Never miss the past, If you live for the shining moment, The moment may just last…"
Signature by SimbasMate
juhouh
Nalaholic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Juho
Pride Points: 46

Postby Animal of the Wild » October 26th, 2013, 9:17 pm

Wait---Simba hated Zazu? No...
Last edited by Animal of the Wild on March 31st, 2014, 6:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
Animal of the Wild

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Arbystrider » October 27th, 2013, 2:23 am

[quote="Simba the Lion King"]Hmm...

Well I think it was really unfair the look Mufasa gave Zazu after the hyenas ran off...Zazu didn't do anything wrong...

I mean, look at what that poor bird goes through in "I just can't wait to be king!" It's practicaly a test of his sanity!!![/quote]
It was Zazu's fault that the two cubs got in trouble with the hyenas. Sarabi sent Zazu out with them so that he would ensure their safety, and Zazu failed in doing that.

As for what happened to Zazu in IJCWTBK, you'll have to remember that this is a movie and that the producers can always exploit the artistic licence available to them. What this means is that things are not always as they seem. For instance, you could see a yellow bathtub, and in your mind, common sense would tell you that it's probably porcelain with yellow colouring. For all we know, the producers might have intended it to be made out of cheese instead.

I believe that IJCWTBK, much like In Upendi, is a fantasy scene and whatever you see on the screen isn't necessarily what happened to the characters in actuality. All we can say for sure is that whatever Simba and Nala pulled off managed to get them away from Zazu, so they could venture into the elephant graveyard alone, with only each other. All the things that we've seen like Zazu pulling Simba's hair, the dancing of the animals, etc may or may not have actually happened. They were just there to improve the entertainment value of the movie, and not to carry any real insight as to what actually took place.
ImageImageImage
Arbystrider
A semi-Nalaholic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

The peace the evening brings.

Nickname(s): Arby
Pride Points: 15

Postby Animal of the Wild » October 27th, 2013, 3:01 am

Ugh...almost done removing all this crap I posted.
Last edited by Animal of the Wild on March 31st, 2014, 6:53 am, edited 3 times in total.
Animal of the Wild

Postby Kiburi » October 27th, 2013, 4:10 pm

I think that the whole "Good Luck" line from Zazu is supposed to add a small bit of comical relief, because he makes the whole thing seem a bit out of proportion.

At the same time though, nobody enjoys being scolded, especially children, so Simba is actually scared.
Zazu really seems to want the best to turn out for Simba in this situation.
It may be one of the first times throughout the movie that Zazu shows true feeling and care for Simba.
Kiburi
A waffle is like

A pancake with a syrup trap

Nickname(s): Kib, Kibbles, Kibbles n' Bits
Pride Points: 28

Postby FlipMode » October 27th, 2013, 6:19 pm

"Good luck" is a thing you say to people who are about to go through a bad time is it not?
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby Tsuki » October 27th, 2013, 7:35 pm

[quote="Flip_FTW"]"Good luck" is a thing you say to people who are about to go through a bad time is it not?[/quote]

Yeh that's what I thought. If someone knows they are going to get a "ticking off" I assumed most people would say "Good Luck". Maybe it's a British thing? Rowan Atkinson being British, maybe the producers thought it was the right think for Zazu to say. It looked like Zazu was going to offer Simba words of wisdom but instead thought it was best to wish him luck in a good old British style :lol:.
[center]Image
Awards and Stuff: show
ImageImage
Shared with Rilliane
Sigs by Shadowfax, Nilla, Julie, Simba's Mate, Sophiecub, Tora, Flip and Buffy <333. Avatar by Kay <3
Tsuki

Pride Points: 88

Postby Carl » October 29th, 2013, 8:06 pm

[quote="Simba the Lion King"][quote="Arbystrider"][quote="Simba the Lion King"]Hmm...

I mean, look at what that poor bird goes through in "I just can't wait to be king!" It's practicaly a test of his sanity!!![/quote]
It was Zazu's fault that the two cubs got in trouble with the hyenas. Sarabi sent Zazu out with them so that he would ensure their safety, and Zazu failed in doing that.

[/quote]

What are you talking about?? Zazu did everything he could to look after them. It was all Simba's fault.[/quote]

Do you understand how babysitting works? If you're supposed to watch a child, anything bad that happens is your responsibility. Simba is a child during these scenes, and children don't know any better. No, there wasn't much Zazu could have physically done, but he could have sat down and explained the danger. Yes Simba is a lion and Zazu is a hornbill so if Simba wanted to go, then go he would, but as far Sarabi and the other lions knew, Simba and Nala were going to the water hole. Zazu was babysitting, and it was his job to keep them from getting into trouble. The fact that Simba lied and evaded him doesn't matter. It was his duty to chaperone the cubs and keep them out of harm's way. Yes the task was one he physically could not handle and someone else would have been better suited for it, but it was the job he was entrusted with and therefore he did fail.

As far as Zazu hating Simba, again, this goes back to the fact that Simba is a child. When you're babysitting, it is easy to get frustrated and angry with a child, no matter how much you like them. Likewise, no matter how angry and frustrated you get with a child, you understand that you are dealing with a child and do not hold that against them. There was no reason for Zazu to hate Simba, nor was this shown to be the case.

As far as the "good luck" line. Simba was about to be punished. Being punished sucks. No one knew what Mufasa was going to do as punishment. The phrase is used in this context not to necessarily be taken literally, but to be comforting. It is used in that kind of context all of the time, and I don't think it's strictly a British thing because I've observed it myself here in the states. But, my family is odd, so it could be a British thing. At any rate, it wasn't to scare the cub, nor was it because he was afraid for the cub's life or safety.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Animal of the Wild » October 29th, 2013, 9:13 pm

Thanks for at least taking the time to respond. You guys are great.
Last edited by Animal of the Wild on March 31st, 2014, 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Animal of the Wild

Next

Return to The Lion King