13%
Hakuna Mutata
44%

Total votes : 32

Re: Worst song in the movie??

Postby Ananda » November 29th, 2013, 3:04 am

CWTBK tbh
Ananda

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Postby Sigurd » November 29th, 2013, 4:55 am

Hakuna Matata is my least favorite, it's ok, but I like the other songs more.
Until I'm home, I'm on a distant road
Sigurd

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 14

Postby Meskhenet » November 29th, 2013, 9:11 pm

Hakuna Matata is my least favorite song in the movie, but it's still worth listening to sometimes.
Meskhenet
Let this prayer be your guide

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Always remember your pride

Nickname(s): Mesk
Pride Points: 21

Postby Si-Amber » November 29th, 2013, 9:14 pm

Be Prepared.

I don't find it as catchy as the others.
Si-Amber

Pride Points: 74

Postby Biomac » December 3rd, 2013, 5:15 pm

Haters gonna hate.
I didn't voted. I don't want to downvote a song because they're all great.

I am the Hope of the Universe... I am the Answer to all Living Things that cry out for Peace... I am Protector of the Innocent... I am the Light in the Darkness... I am Truth - Goku.

Mosquitoes suck - Saitama.
Biomac

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Bio
Pride Points: 36

Postby DGFone » December 4th, 2013, 6:45 am

[quote="Biomac"]Haters gonna hate.
I didn't voted. I don't want to downvote a song because they're all great.[/quote]

While I agree with the whole "all the songs are great", I can't agree with the "haters gonna hate" being applied here. Perhaps the term "worst song" is the wrong one to use, but you have to admit: out of all the songs, there is one that you don't like, or don't listen to as much as the others. And to say which one it is shouldn't cause any harm.

In fact, choosing the "no vote, they're all good" option is, I think, probably the worst one there is:

The Lion King is a great movie. But especially as a fan, to treat it as a piece of perfection, and to refuse to admit any flaw in the movie is rather demeaning. I think that being a fan allows us to explore the faults deeper than most people would care, and even admitting some things that at the surface might appear contradictory. Such as "I love the movie, but there is a song I don't really like". I would think that as a true fan, you love The Lion King in its entirety, even the parts that you think could have been better. Is it a great movie? Absolutely. Is it perfect? Nope.

I don't see anything wrong with simply saying with song in your opinion doesn't hold up to the rest. It doesn't mean that the song is bad. It just means that something in it caused it to have less of an impact than the rest.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby PrincessKiara » December 13th, 2013, 10:17 pm

Hakuna Matata.
I`ve never liked that song, and I actually skip past it when watching the film. I absolutely adore all the other songs, but that one is just.. eh. It`s not that awesome. :P

Other than that, I don`t care for the song version of the Morning Report, like someone already mentioned. I prefer the version where Zazu just talks in the background, the puns are pretty funny but there was no need to make a song out of it and it feels out of place in that scene.
PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

Postby SimbaNala » January 15th, 2014, 1:44 pm

Personally I think they are all well :D
My favorite is I Just Can't Wait To Be King, the one I like least is Be Prepared.
Everybody look left
Everybody look right
Everywhere you look I'm
Standing in the spotlight
SimbaNala

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Postby MooLion » January 15th, 2014, 2:11 pm

I don't listen to the songs too much now because I think I've over-listened to them over the year. Having said that, other Disney songs I've listened to loads and haven't need space from... I don't know. Can't get enough of Elton's CYFTLT. :D

Anyway, I voted Be Prepared as my 'least favourite'. I like the song, it's fun, but I find that sometimes villains songs seem the weakest in a film, certainly the least catchy. Zira's song was worse for SP.
~Banner by Amy!~
"Your mother on the other hand, I admired her. She wanted to have me executed... but I admired her." ~ Tyrion
MooLion
You poisoned the moonlight

When you put out the sun

Nickname(s): Moo
Pride Points: 15

Postby InsaneSeagull » January 15th, 2014, 4:37 pm

Can You Feel the Love Tonight, in my humble opinion. Simply, I always found it kind of unfitting, and it's way too repetitive. It's good, but not as good as the rest. It's the least catchy, too.

Besides it, probably Hakuna Matata would be my second least favorite. It IS catchy, but again, with probably weakest lyrics.

Don't get my wrong, I really love them all, only these two at least:) .
InsaneSeagull
Asante sana!

Squash banana!

Nickname(s): Kiki, Sponge Bob
Pride Points: 105

Previous

Return to The Lion King