Music of The Lion King

Music of The Lion King

Postby DGFone » October 24th, 2013, 5:33 am

I may enjoy the story, characters, themes, and all other aspects about this movie, but at the end of the day, it's the music that keeps me coming back for more. What about you?

Discuss the music of the movies here!
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Re: Music of The Lion King

Postby FlipMode » October 24th, 2013, 6:42 pm

There are "those" films that have stood the test in time and stayed relevant for so long because of their great OST; The Lion King is one of those films for sure.
It wasn't until King Of Pride Rock, the part that played as Simba ascends Pride Rock at the end that it really hit me; then I went back and listened to the rest of the soundtrack and realized the whole thing was brilliant and fit each scene beautifully.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby DGFone » October 25th, 2013, 2:53 am

^ I can agree with that completely.

For the most part, for me, the portion of the soundtrack that I kept coming back to was the ending of Under the Stars. Unfortunately, I didn't know exactly where to find that, however when looking for that part, I did stumble across King of Pride Rock, and like you, the ascension portion really resonated with me, and got me to listen to the rest of the soundtrack again. Not only did I find Under the Stars the next day, but I also stumbled across other music that I completely forgot about. After that, I was firmly planted along the path that lead me to discover MLK.

In other words, for me, the music from The Lion King is much more than just great music.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Postby KingCub » October 25th, 2013, 5:22 am

^ I also agree with you!

Its much more then just music, it tells a story. Even the instrumentals, you can just pin-point the feelings of all the characters and scenes that happened. Maybe that is just because we all enjoy the movie so much, and we know every scene!

But it is still great music in general. If you sang the first line of Hakuna Matata, Im sure anyone would pick up on what song it is, and sing right alone with you. Not many songs can do that, and that just shows the lasting impression that this soundtrack has.
You are what you love, not who loves you.
Thanks Regulus for the lovely siggy!
Other Things~
Spoiler: show

Thank you Kib and SimbasMate!

Photography | Ask Me Stuff | Facebook | My Computer
KingCub

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): KC, Ty
Pride Points: 28

Postby Lapetitesirene95 » October 30th, 2013, 4:25 am

The lion king is what got me so interested in instrumentals! This Land , and Kings of the past are the most beautiful instrumentals I've ever heard ! , even the instrumentals to the other songs are beautiful , especially CYFTLT and CoL
Remember who you are
Lapetitesirene95

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): ♡Alana Del Rey♡
Pride Points: 2

Postby juhouh » November 2nd, 2013, 7:17 pm

There's no better music in any movies than in TLK. Soundtracks are awesome... no wonder because of Hans Zimmer
Ask me - My Playlist - Steam
"Never trust the future, Never miss the past, If you live for the shining moment, The moment may just last…"
Signature by SimbasMate
juhouh
Nalaholic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Juho
Pride Points: 46

Postby DGFone » November 11th, 2013, 12:45 am

I remember one time I had a bit of the original score stuck in my head, and by then I thought that I had the entire score pretty much figured out (as in, based on the sound of the score, I will be able to guess quite reliably as to which song it belonged to), but for some reason, even as I started to search for this score, I simply couldn't find it. It sounded a lot like the part that plays when Rafiki shows Simba the magic pool, roughly the middle portion of "An Argument / You're Mufasa's Boy / Remember", but... slightly off.

Ended up being that what I was searching for wasn't even part of the The Lion King original score! :lol:

What I was looking is "Colors of the Wind II" of Pocahontas. Comparing them, they do sound somewhat similar, at least initially. And knowing that Pocahontas came after TLK, what can I say? It was "inspired by" TLK's score? :P
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Postby Lauren » November 11th, 2013, 3:05 am

For a fan of both Disney films and music, TLK is no exception into the category of "Great Music". It's awesome that these two things reach high quality in what they have to offer. To be honest, I never really listened to scores and instrumentals as a kid, but because of Lion King's amazing scores, they got me into listening to a lot more scores in both animated and live-action films and I thank it for that. Out of all the scores, my favorites would have to be "Under the Stars" and "King of Pride Rock". They just blow me away and depending on the scene in the movie, the quite/loud sounds help to enhance the music and mood. :)

Of course, I love all the songs and would talk about them, but for now, I just wanted to talk about the scores.
Lauren

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby EdtheHyena » November 18th, 2013, 3:41 am

I don't really like it that much....too African for me. The "rule this land" chant was a good example of how overblown it could get at times. Another would be when Simba and Mufasa are playing tag...I'm sorry, it just came across ridiculous to me that the music swells there...it was like they were trying to blow up the scene by doing that and it came across rather, uh, narm-y, in my opinion.

Personally, I prefer James Horner's score to "The Land Before Time", and John Williams' to the first Harry Potter movie.

"Don't lose you're way...with each passing day...you've come so far, don't throw it away."
EdtheHyena

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Eddie
Pride Points: 3

Postby mamaprince » November 27th, 2013, 4:53 am

The thing that I love about the Lion king's Music is its film score. :) King of pride rock is my fave. ^_^ Planning on getting the soundtrack to this and Balto.
Sig by Ninven on DA.
mamaprince
Future Storm chaser

It's the wonder of nature baby!

Nickname(s): Mp, Stormchaser Rachel, Rachel Storm
Pride Points: 18

Next

Return to The Lion King