An Adult Audience Reaction to The Film

An Adult Audience Reaction to The Film

Postby Timon the great » October 19th, 2013, 5:48 am

Since the YT video was uploaded early this year, I don't think this was ever posted before the film sub forums were cleaned out. But apparently, this was recorded back when TLK was in theaters in 2011 here in the USA, with an all grown-up audience to my delight. Image

Hearing some of these peoples' reaction as soon as they saw the title screen, gives you a realllllly good idea of what other audible reactions to expect during the rest of the recording.
And Oh yeah, I knew they were definitely going to react to this scene in that theater. Image

Here it is:
"I found a place that was beyond my wildest dreams. But..., it still wasn't home." - Timon; Lion King 1 1/2 (3)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Timon L. Berkowitz

Pride Points: 29

Re: An Adult Audience Reaction to The Film

Postby Arbystrider » October 19th, 2013, 6:19 am

[quote="Timon the great"]
And Oh yeah, I knew they were definitely going to react to this scene in that theater. Image[/quote]

[sarcasticjoke] Wow! I would never have guessed..[/sarcasticjoke]

--

It's good to see how well this movie plants itself into our heads, with all these people saying the jokes at the same time as the characters ('lion around', 'cub sandwich', etc) and singing along (Hakuna Matata, jamming along with Zazu, and pretty much every part where there's some kind of song).

I even found myself repeating the lines in-sync with them, saying the 'ooh's and 'aah's at the same times (like with CYFTLT and the slow-mos in the final battle). Just watching cut-outs of the movie together with such an awesome audience gives me so many feels, I now understand what it's like to watch a movie with friends. Hell, it doesn't even matter if the audience is friends or just complete strangers, just knowing that we're really enjoying the movie at the same time makes me feel close to them, in some way.

The fact that the audience can remember so many lines, and see most of the movie coming at them, is a true testament to the impact this movie can have on our lives, IMO.

Either that, or Disney is some sort of brainwashing mastermind.

Well. I would totally love to watch it with an audience and not just me alone.
ImageImageImage
Arbystrider
A semi-Nalaholic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

The peace the evening brings.

Nickname(s): Arby
Pride Points: 15

Postby juhouh » October 19th, 2013, 7:56 am

Wow wish I could be seeing this movie in 3D. I live in the wrong country
Ask me - My Playlist - Steam
"Never trust the future, Never miss the past, If you live for the shining moment, The moment may just last…"
Signature by SimbasMate
juhouh
Nalaholic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Juho
Pride Points: 46

Postby Meskhenet » October 22nd, 2013, 1:30 am

I love how the audience is singing along and clapping along to the songs such as Hakuna Matata and It's A Small World and and go excited over the Circle of Life scene. They're so interactive. I'm glad I'm not the only who gets enthusiastic about watching The Lion King.
Meskhenet
Let this prayer be your guide

Always remember your pride

Nickname(s): Mesk
Pride Points: 21

Postby DGFone » October 22nd, 2013, 2:21 am

I really felt envious when I saw this video, because both times I went to see The Lion King in theaters, it of course wasn't an "adult" audience, and therefore compared to even sitting at home with my family the experience was noticeably worse. I would love to be in such an enthusiastic crowd, though, and despite my envy, I was smiling and laughing along with the entire video.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Luken » October 22nd, 2013, 3:41 am

It is one of the better Disney movies i doubt will ever see another animated movie like the lion king from Disney with the way they are going which is kind of :(
Luken

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 2

Postby Lapetitesirene95 » October 29th, 2013, 6:30 am

i'm so sad i didn't get to see it in theaters :( , when it came out i was 15 , and i wasn't as into it as i am now :/ i wish i could go back and see it !
Remember who you are
Lapetitesirene95

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): ♡Alana Del Rey♡
Pride Points: 2

Postby Ninaroja » November 14th, 2013, 10:19 pm

The showing I went to was full of small kids and their parents, but there were a few adult couples there, as well as a few groups of teenagers (I had dragged my friends there along with me). My audience wasn't quite as enthusiastic as the one in the video (it was mostly little kids screaming (annoyingly)) but I'm still glad I went! I started crying when Circle of Life started and everyone in my row was just kinda looking at me like :umno:
Signature Graphic made by Simbasmate! Thanks a ton :cheese:

Fanfiction Q&A Tumblr
Ninaroja
Nee-nyah Row-hah (AKA KULCY)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Simba is Love. Simba is Life.

Nickname(s): Kulcy, Lucy, Nina, Juicy, MLK Drama Detective ;)
Pride Points: 82

Postby juhouh » November 14th, 2013, 10:22 pm

[quote="Lapetitesirene95"]i'm so sad i didn't get to see it in theaters :( , when it came out i was 15 , and i wasn't as into it as i am now :/ i wish i could go back and see it ![/quote]
I agree with this. I was just too embarrassed about to go and see it actually
Ask me - My Playlist - Steam
"Never trust the future, Never miss the past, If you live for the shining moment, The moment may just last…"
Signature by SimbasMate
juhouh
Nalaholic

Nickname(s): Juho
Pride Points: 46

Postby Ninaroja » November 14th, 2013, 10:25 pm

I think they'll probably end up re-releasing it again (a tactic Disney has used time and time again over the decades) When a new home video format is introduced and Disney wants to generate TLK mania in yet another generation I'm sure they'll do it again. And I'll be dragging my friends along again even if we're 40 :P
Signature Graphic made by Simbasmate! Thanks a ton :cheese:

Fanfiction Q&A Tumblr
Ninaroja
Nee-nyah Row-hah (AKA KULCY)

Simba is Love. Simba is Life.

Nickname(s): Kulcy, Lucy, Nina, Juicy, MLK Drama Detective ;)
Pride Points: 82

Next

Return to The Lion King